Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
i thought it is forgotten or not relevant. some attendees on a healing forum in utah slc have restored teeth (amalgam/Hg) and did chelation over elevated lead and mercury values.
while i am waiting for death to come, i checked my mercury (<0,1) and lead (16).
wonder: which thing/marker/whatever forced pals to change fillings?
is elevated mercury considered as a als cause if visible in 24 hours mercury test?
decided to remove 3 fillings and put composite. here it is 3 x 50usd=150 usd.
thx

Last edited:
If you are referring to the case report of one 87-year-old with ALS who had very high mercury levels due to eating swordfish every day for 10y(!), I think you can see the difference between that person and you. As for reports on forums that are unverified, you can find endless harmful, counterproductive health advice on the Internet.

It has been acknowledged that ALS and many other neurodegenerative diseases may in part relate to eating seafood with high mercury levels frequently, along with exposures to a boatload of other toxins that have been indicted, but that does not mean that people should remove mercury fillings.

To quote the University of Pennsylvania: It is not necessary or advisable to have fillings removed in the setting of ALS. There is no evidence to indicate that ALS is caused or influenced by the mercury contained in mercury amalgam fillings. We have had hundreds of patients pursue this painful and costly course of action and we have not once seen a benefit to the patient. The progression of ALS is not influenced by this procedure.

Last edited:
i saw that. i dont want to compare with 87 years old.
i referred to this article: https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/477397
i solved all the problems in my life. this one is a first one i can not. it seems that i will pay my inabillity with my life.

Again, a single case report, no quantitative EMG data, patient's history suggests other differentials/mechanisms of disease, not much of a journal...

I hear you, and what you can afford and want to do is surely your right, just summarizing the lack of evidence for others.

Jetthro, I'm sure you have found this Forum supportive of your journey.
You have 7 pages of Threads you have started and 20 pages of your
replies. As you wrote above this is not a problem you can solve...
no one else here can either.

Many PALS re-focus to other areas of life that are not ALS related as
they go along to their eventual prognosis bringing some level of peace
to their minds and life as it is.

As you wrote above... "
"Is elevated mercury considered as a als cause if visible in 24 hours mercury test?
Decided to remove 3 fillings and put composite."

After reading your Threads and Posts to the degree of progression you have
already described was having 3 fillings removed a consideration of prevention
or hope of having more time?

@clearwater I dont know what triggered such a studious investigation about how many treads i started&how many replies i wrote. actually, i have nothing else to focus on, except try to save my soul and life of my children, cause i dont have any benefit of focusing on to something valid just for living corp-me. i'll remove my fillings next week. it is cheap here. better to do something, than to steer into ceiling. it is not just about hg, pb... there is also clifford Materials Reactivity Testing, cmrt, which tells many things...

Last edited:
Jethro,

I had all the mercury in my teeth removed years ago. It just happened to be by a dentist who knew how to do it properly. I didn't do it to prevent anything. I needed crowns and he did it in a way that wouldn't release mercury into my system. If it is done incorrectly, it can do more harm than good. I had my mercury levels tested both before and after and there was no change.

I appreciate your wanting to to anything that might help. It's your choice but, in my opinion, I don't think there is any benefit from it.

I'm with you on wanting to try things that might slow progression. I'm convinced cannabis has helped me but I'll never be able to prove it. For me, I believe in taking excellent care of my general health and correcting any deficiencies. I eat healthy. I gave up gluten years ago but gave up all grains a month ago. My stomach started feeling better so I tested it with some organic popcorn two days in a row. I felt tired and sluggish. So now I'm back off grains. I doubt it will do anything for ALS but I know I'm no longer bloated, I have regular BMs and I have more energy.

Against Mayo Clinic doctors orders, I continue B-12. My levels are very high. When I brought up the study from Japan Mayo said, "You're not Japanese." That comment was enough to try some other things.

@kim i know that i look like weird jester here, but this als (problem it caused) is a new dimension for me, so i dont reject anything. sounds silly or not. i lived normally and then something happened - and it stays. i want to rewind my life's tape, trying to remind what happened. dentist and borrelia remains. borrelia is not, amalgam is, as science says, not either. it is easy to act like wise man and say "that isnt, that isnt...", nobody says what IS. youre doing ok phisically (as i could read) and i think that your als jumped over you and you are dealing with its consequences. read my lips. cannabis? another pair of shoes. now someone will say: "no clinical trials, no data, no anything!". we must start from somewhere. it works through homeostasis, but this is not subject. i dont know if cannabis is just overtaker of burden, or even remedy. i dont want to state anything. i am not japanese... i heard that twice before from my neuro. i guess we are not same neuro's patients :)

Jethro,

I get you. I really do. I'm not one to give up hope, no matter how bad it seems. I'm watching the clinical trial for stem cells with hope. I'm hoping for gene blocking therapy for FALS.

You should do what you think is best. Nobody knows YOUR body better than you.

please advice:
desperatelly searching for a amalgam-als related articles, even anecdotals, found just 1 (one!!!). guess - anecdotal. even hope is zero, i went to dentist yesterday, only because i scheduled term and i didnt cancel. everything was a routine. hoped it will last max 0,5 hours, since my fillings are not complicated and are small. dentist said: first i will change smallest one. after 10 sec of "drilling", he was pale as a wall. assistent asked him: what we should do now? doc said: dont know, never seen something like this. i was confused. looked like i was hijacked, with mouth full of cotton, pumps, disabled phisically and neurologicaly to speak, i tried to reconstruct why this dentist is sucha pale like he is dead and what they were talking about.
i found out: my nerve just literally stucked to amalgam AND I DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING. no pain, nothing, but nerve is healthy. no hot, cold, sweet reaction ever. blood was all over. he couldnt believe what he saw and put remedy i think CaOH, closed teeth, apointment will be in 15 days.
my amalgam is old 40 years and god knows since when are in contact amalgam and nerve. never had a toothache or headache. i lost my hope about Hg and Pb since i got results from bloodwork which says i dont have elevated metals.
permanent presure to nerve by amalgam - can it say something not related to stomatology?

um... scientists are very cautious when talk about fillings, hg, pb related to neurodegenerative diseases etc... so you must read between a lines. als is so rare, mixed with german "ALS" and it is hard to find.
dont want to mix neurological dis. with intelectual and motor impairment.
this sci article put an accent on "fillings", not directly on hg and pb.
read it.

pay attention: "Other studies have shown that the numbers of cavity faces and teeth restored with amalgam filling have positive correlations with the mercury level found in patients’ blood and urine [57]. VS From the other point of view, the Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks of the European Commission declared in 2015 that the evidence of the adverse effects of dental amalgam is weak and does not preclude the use of either amalgam or alternative materials in dental restorative treatment [8]. In 2015, the American Food and Drug Administration also stated that dental amalgam is safe to use in patients aged >6 years and without allergy to mercury or other metal contained in dental amalgam. "IF IT IS TRUE, WHY AND WHO INITIATES AND SPENDS MONEY ON THIS BRINGING "WRONG" CONCLUSION: Association between History of Dental Amalgam Fillings and Risk of Parkinson’s Disease: A Population-Based Retrospective Cohort Study in Taiwan

It's very odd because my mercury level per blood was very low before and after I had my fillings replaced with ceramic crowns. It didn't change. I eat a lot of fish but I've usually been very cautious to not eat the "dirty" ones. I mainly eat wild Alaskan salmon and wild Alaskan cod, sardines, and high-grade fish oil.

@kim wherever i go, i find million of non-logic things so i need to go from... scratch. mercury in blood and urine show current mercury disposal. mercury remains in tissue long after removing a source, so it is possible to have mercury poisoning from an amalgam, but you have all composite crowns. you dont have to be exposed to mercury to be intoxicated, and test will confirm no mercury. beside statement "mercury is extremely rare cause of als", it is fact that many americans still remove fillings. also, you can not hide that many of "reversals" included removal of the amalgam fillings. i am drowning and i catch everything what looks like a straw.

what is interesting: there are many variants of als. there are app 500 000 pals in a world curently. each has its "specific" als. there ARE people whose cause of als is amalgam, definitelly. every man, mostly, has 32 teeth. statistically, there are no 2 men with same mass of mercury in fillings. hence, progression is very... individual. of course, for those with mercury.
what else can be cause of such a slow/fast/random progression? toxicity! bacterial (depends where is bacteria/virus/coinfections) - lyme or related, or toxin from out.

I agree with your thoughts jethro. I was a completely healthy 37 year old a year ago. Had an abscess tooth that festered in my mouth for a month. Now I’m fighting for my life. I’m sure the bacteria caused my disease onset.

Numerous diseases besides ALS have varied progression rates, as well as multiple patterns of onset and subsequent complications. Consider metastasis of a primary tumor, the myriad effects of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes, et.al.

There is nothing that suggests a bacterial origin for ALS, nor a legitimate evidence base for the notion that ALS "reversals," many of which have been documented as mis- or intentionally-false diagnoses to begin with (in the case of Lyme quacks), have been "caused by amalgam removal."

As mentioned previously, my goal in refuting these assertions is not to prevent you from exercising your rights to submit yourself to pointless intervention, but to caution other PALS against risking unnecessary time, pain and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back