Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
NH
City
New London
I have always little, 5' tall, and pre-diagnosis my weight dropped from about 128 to 115 pounds. I have been holding steady at that weight for five years. But over the last few months, as I've gradually transitioned to 100% feeding tube ( Kate Farms ), my belly has grown and some of my clothes don't fit me.

Is this typical of progression? I take in 1500 calories per day.

It’s probably the Buddha Belly phenomenon from weak abdominal muscles, not from fat. I’m dealing with that myself. I don’t know why it has suddenly hit you in the last few months, but if your weight is still holding steady at 115#, I don’t know what else it could be. Gas??
Kate Farms is good stuff.

Sorry.

I just realized that my post sounds vain. I don't care about the weight or fat, I was just curious about it. No gas here, most of the time.

Vanity went out the door with the ALS diagnosis. It sucks for those of us who kept fit throughout our lives, and then have to deal with a changing body image on top of everything else. I get it.

I just did a belated search and saw that there are previous threads on this subject. Thanks for indulging me!

Out of curiosity, I also did a belated search on “belly”. My favorite is this quote from Chally, our dearly departed PALS brother:

“would love to see a time lapse video of my abs going south

Sil calls it a “ dicky do”. It’s when your belly sticks out farther than your dicky do!

Good enough for Budda, good enough for me”.

I remember that post....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Prior to my diagnosis I had already gained over 15 pounds from Remeron but I probably needed that weight. Mayo scared me into quickly gaining another 30 pounds. Some of that gain naturally fell off because I could still walk several miles a day and stayed active. Then I sprained my ankle and the weight came back. I think a lot of my belly is fat but some of it is the loss of muscle..

oh yes I so remember laughing so hard at the dicky do thread .... oh Chally you are still holding us up!

omg I remember that thread too, so funny!

Nona, Im also small (4'11) and struggle to keep my weight above 100 lbs. But even so I have the little pot belly from abs not holding things in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back