Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Miami
I am a 43-year-old male. I have been having systemic symptoms for about 18 months. Based on what I an reading, my following symptoms are consistent with ALS. Can you tell me (a) if this sounds consistent with ALS, (b) if there are any other conditions that could be causing this constellation of symptoms, and (C) what my next steps should be?

DURATION - SYMPTOMS

4 years - palsy in right eye and eyebrow

3 years - Aspirate food into throat and trachea while sleeping if I eat close to bedtime

14 months - Hoarse voice, difficulty speaking, difficulty articulating certain sounds, difficulty speaking loudly, difficulty timing speaking and breathing, CT results says appearance of left vocal cord consistent with Paralyzed Vocal Cord - the speaking symptoms are getting progressively worse

12 months - Very dry mouth

12 months - Constant random muscle twitching (fasciculations) in left calf

12 months - Ache in left calf upon standing

12 months - Start injuring muscles more easily while training. Lighter training makes muscles more sore than before and muscles don’t seem to recover well and grow after training.

10 months - Diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea

10 months - Tension along spine (from skull to sacrum) that radiates to extremities

10 months - Severe pain low back and left leg

8 months - Standing causes moderate burn/ache pain in low back and leg

7 months - (first discovered) Swollen rt tonsil

5 months - rhabdomyliosis after mild/moderate training of hip adductors

12 months - Constant Muscle twitching (fasciculations) in right calf and infrequently chest and arms

1 month - feet pronates unusually

1 month - sometimes though rarely slightly loosing balance while walking and veering off course

1 months - swallowing food feels funny, e.g. slightly harder to get down

2 days - Shortness of breath - feeling like cant take a satisfactory breath

I have degenerative disc disease in my low back that could be causing sciatica symptoms, so those may be separate, but what else other than ALS could explain all this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Have you been seen by a Neurologist yet? If so... who, where - what?

Until then...

I haven’t seen a neurologist yet. I am trying to greet an appointment.

you already have a few things diagnosed and they are most likely the cause of all that is going on.
Not a sign of ALS I can see.
If your doctors suspected ALS they would have sent you to a neurologist, I bet you have asked them and they said no doesn't look like ALS.
Keep letting them do their jobs, after 4 years of this going on you don't have a terminal disease. All the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back