Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
OHio
City
NW
Don's clinic visit was the best so far. We had our questions answered and was in/out of there in less than 2 hours :) Don's legs are still strong, his weight has stayed the same over the last 3 months (115 lbs.) and his lung capacity has risen from 56% to 67% He did tell me that he tried harder this time :) His neck and upper body is giving him a heck of a time. The head drop is really hurting him.
We signed up with Hospice on the 15th of September. We both really like Don's nurse and our social worker. They have put him on Ativan, Moraphine and these large patches for pain (Lidoderm). He hasn't been able to say if they're working or not. He's tried them 2 times so far.
I'm wondering if the Ativan has helped with his breathing?

I did ask the Dr. if he feels that Don has reached a plateau and he's says no. That it his upper body is still weaking. :-( Wishful thinking on my part.

We did go on a week & half road trip to Mansfield, MA. It was beautiful. We stopped in Stockbridge and went to the Norman Rockwell Museum. It was a great day for the both of us. The Birkshires were breath taking!

God Bless each and every one of you........Sis

Hey Sis- you were in my part of the world! Too bad we did not know- I'd have bought you two a lunch. Sorry Don is progressing but I am glad you guys got to have a nice vacation together. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back