00/0000
Country
US
State
SC
City
Greenville
Greetings,

I am hoping to hear some insight from you all regarding some persistent symptoms I have had.

My story started in late 2016

left leg felt tight and fatigued much quicker during exercise than right leg. Shrugged it off and thought I was sleeping on it wrong

spring 2017 jaw stated to shake when sipping coffee and realized that it tremors when I try to put teeth close together

visit PCP the do an MRI everything is clean

summer 2017 left leg has a pulling sensation inside my muscle sent to 1st neurologist

they perform an emg and all is clean

symptoms persist

2018 moved, started twitching in left calf sent to new neurologist physical exam was limited but normal

twitching moved to left thigh area and foot, started cramping on foot.

late 2018 had a clean emg however no fasciculations were on the report, I gladly accepted the normal emg however, no clue as to how no fascs were found as my left calf twitches literally non-stop and has been since mid 2018.

mid last year left hand starts to become very jittery, as in if I do any rapid movement, it will shake after any brisk movement, or if I pick up a heavy box my hand will make quick contractions.

my question is two fold,

1. Does anyone progress to Als from a BFS diagnosis?

2.If yes does anything about my story suggest any further exploration.
My two worries are the never ceasing twitching on my left side mainly lower body, and the seemingly brisk reflexes although not confirmed by a physician.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no reason to think you have ALS. Stress, sleep, nutrition, hydration and stretching esp. in the morning are all worth looking at. Many people have benign tremors, an exaggerated startle response, and/or persistent twitching. Where there are painful cramps you might try a few drops of magnesium lotion.

Best,
Laurie

1. No
2. No. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. It does not matter where you twitch, twitch speed, how long you twitch , etc.
With a normal EMG, you are clear of ALS.

Brisk reflexes are nonspecific and a frequent finding in the anxious.

The neurologist, previously wanted to monitor me for any changes, I assume no need for any follow ups Or doctor visits unless any actual clinical weakness occurs, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back