Diagnosis
03/2022
Country
NZ
State
AK
City
Auckland
Hi, wondering if anyone has some suggestions for a 3 wheel electric tandem bike. My husband and I biked on manual bikes 30-50km most weekends but now I am too worried I would fall off and won't manage the hills or the distance any more. I've heard about the tandem electric 3 wheeled bikes and think that would get us out an about and we both get some fitness and fresh air. I found Motrike in China (commercial link removed; search motrike tandem to see) but no reviews and reluctant to pay a lot of money and get nothing or get something that is useless. Has anyone experience with this and able to make a recommendation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Google adaptive bikes Auckland -- looks like there are some good resources to tap.

My PALS and I have always biked until he began taking regular falls, just before he was diagnosed last August. He bought an E trike from Seattle Trikes so we could keep biking. It's an ICE, made in Great Briton. Although he can no longer walk, he can still get out every day on his ICE trike. It is what keeps him going and I am guessing it is keeping his lungs strong....certainly good for his circulation and his spirits. Good luck!

Thanks for that, I appreciate the insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back