Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Indiana
City
Indianapolis
I just turned 30! I have the twitches, I have the muscle pains, I have the feeling of muscle weakness, If I could self diagnosis myself I would call it ALS. I also have anxiety also, so maybe there is still hope. I see a neuro tomorrow for an initial visit.

I have been doing a lot of reading online about the disease and I am scared shi*less. From what I have read most die from sickness, or machine failure. If there are drugs that can keep one healthy, and one can always have a backup machine why one 3 to 5 years?

Just scared.
Smak

One Step At A Time

Take it one step at a time. Don't dwell on it! It will only make it worse. I have th same symptoms and my Brother Tim had symptoms 7 years before they suspected ALS. Dx 2-1/2 years. 13-1/2 years All together. not everyone has the same journey with ALS. It may not even be ALS. I think I wouldn't concentrate on it to much. The nerves come from the brain in turn affect the body. You nerves will just make you feel worse.

Try to Relax. Get to a good Neuro. It could be something treatable. I am seeing too many people trying to DX them selves. Lets let the Doc's do it.

Lorie:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back