Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Somewhere
Doctors have confirmed weakness in my right hand. I can no longer extend my middle and ring finger when holding my hand straight up :(. This was a shock to me as they told me my first emg was completely normal. Please wish me luck for my emg tomorrow. I am so scared right now. I thought clean emg and widespread twitches meant no ALS :'(

Weakness can be caused by many things and since nothing of what you have ever posted has sound like ALS, I'd be very surprised if the doctor is even remotely concerned about it.

Thank you for the reply. That makes me feel a bit better. I will update how the emg goes.

Here's a wild thought ! Ask your doctor!

You're guessing and assuming. Stop it.

Update: 2nd EMG of affected muscle was just done. Doctor noticed the weakness and said EMG still looks normal. I'll be getting the report next week. Just been referred to ANOTHER neurologist to figure out the issue with my hand. Seems like no one knows what's going on. Clearly there is muscle damage, but the doctor said I don't have a neuromuscular disease?

Most EMGs do not point to a neuromuscular disease. Yours could show something like a carpal tunnel issue, which could attribute to issues with your hand.

This is your second clean EMG and still no symptoms of ALS. Let your obsession with this disease go already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back