27M scared dysphagia/fasculations/ tingling right foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou very much for the kind words affected. Can I ask just one more question please regarding my symptoms? Is there usually a lot of pain along with the fasculations due to muscle waste? I’m currently experiencing a fair bit of pain in my right foot where the vibrations are and having twitching in my right and left foot, however only the right foot is painful, mainly on the arch. Is it usually consistent with ALS? Thankyou

I'd refer you back to the Read Before Posting link again. Particularly this part:

Pain
If you have pain, aches, tingling, soreness, etc., these point away from ALS. ALS is a disease of the motor nerves, not the sensory nerves. There can be pain in ALS, but it is almost always well into the disease process, when the muscles can no longer hold the joints together or when immobility has caused frozen joints, bedsores, etc.

Okay shiftkicker Thankyou, just the twitches are so bad at the moment, and the dysphagia is making me take ages to swallow food, and having to use liquid every two minutes. What are the chances of both bulbar and limp onset in close timeframes, I seem to be able to swallow the food ok, but it takes a really long time to eat now, and I keep getting food leftover once im
Finished, I understand I should stop posting but these concerns are genuine and I appreciate your opinion and knowledge on the matter. I appreciate all the time anyone takes to reply to
Me.

Jwilli, it's not clear if you understand the purpose of this forum, nor if you've fully read the link provided you a couple times. This forum exists to provide support for those who have been diagnosed with ALS and their caregivers. The link provides in depth information and answers the questions that bring people to this forum when they worry they have ALS. This forum is NOT a replacement for proper medical care, nor can it be used to help folk through their anxiety once their basic questions have been answered. It's simply beyond the scope of the members here to provide an anxiety and general medical resource to people who are fixated on a disease they have not been diagnosed with.

If you are provided test results that indicate MND is a real possibility, you may post again. Until then, please don't post. This thread is now closed and any further questions must be directed to your actual medical care provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back