Wisco823

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello all,

I am at the point of barely being able to function from going crazy wondering what’s physically wrong with me.

I noticed symptoms in the beginning of January 2023. It started with an eye twitch that lasted about a week, then went away. Then I noticed my right arm was very sore and was getting a weird pain all over. Then this is really what drove me crazy is the all over constant muscle twitching. I thought maybe I wasn’t drinking enough water, or getting enough nutrients. Well here we are two months later almost and I’m still having the all over twitching. I know people say als is about failure not feeling, I haven’t “failed” per se at anything but I just think it’s odd to have all over twitching for almost two months. I have noticed sometimes when I talk there’s a slur. It’s not constant but I do notice it. No one else has said anything.

My family things it’s all stress and anxiety cause I do suffer from severe anxiety, but I don’t believe this is from that.

Wisco... "My family things it’s all stress and anxiety cause I do suffer from severe anxiety,"

" I do suffer from severe anxiety." Well, there's the first diagnosis. It's called
Health Anxiety.

Your family knows you far more than we do. Go see a doctor before posting again.

Hope you get the help you need... from a doctor

Thank you for your response. I do suffer from anxiety. But it is not normal to have persistent pain and twitching constantly all over for two months. I am seeing a therapist but it’s not helping the physical.

Persistent pain and twitching all over your body is not ALS, so going down another path WITH YOUR DOCTOR is highly advisable.

Best of luck to you.

It can take a while for your mind to let go of things, let alone your body. Give the therapy a chance, and if you're doing everything right with diet, I'd work from the movement/exercise standpoint next. Pilates, tai chi, ballet, classical stretch may all be helpful. A drop of magnesium lotion on hot spots (not your eyelid, of course) can be worth trying. If no one notices a slur besides you, often you are simply tired and not getting refreshing sleep, not surprising when you are anxious.

Varying the time of day and type of exercise can help ease you into sleep.

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn’t use the word pain. My whole right arm fees weak and is very achey, feels heavy, I get pain in my fingers. Just feels weird and it’s been like this for two months, for no reason. The twitching is all over my whole body all day everyday. I’ve lost 20 pounds in two months.

You can call it whatever you like, but it's not ALS. You can always ask your PCP for a PT referral that may help.

The feeling has now traveled to my left arm. So now my whole right arm and left arm are feeling weak, and have muscle cramp type feelings. Yesterday I was eating and almost choked cause the food wouldn’t go down. My body feels like it’s constantly shaking. I just feel so weak.

Please go see your doctor. Ask about physio. Work with your therapist. You still do not describe ALS

we do not have the resources here to support you. I am closing your thread. Please do not start another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back