Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IL
City
Dec
Hi guys, i would just like to say hello to all of you, i am new here and i joined because i saw other threads where people were asking you guys about their symptoms and to see if anybody else has the same stuff happening to them. i hope this isn't too long, my main concern is als....as it is for many people that discover that something is happening that has never happened before, and people that have access to internet, lol. thank u to anyone who is willing to take their time to read this and answer me. thank you.

August of 2016 i started to notice that my fingers and my hands have slight tremors. i remember i was trying to draw something and the tremors made it more difficult to. that is when i first noticed it. also, i dont know if this could be related to anything here but my knees started to pop VERY BAD about 3 years ago, it all happened gradually, but now they crack and pop and grind so loud and bad that when i bend or squat or go up and down the stairs it sounds like my bones are breaking, horrible. anyway...i noticed those slight tremors back in August and ever since i started paying more attention to it. ive noticed that my hands do in fact shake a tiny bit, more than i ever noticed...i didnt think it was a concern, i thought maybe its just how it is because of my bad diet and lack of excercise, although it was at the back of my mind and i didnt like it. i read about tremors and figured it was probably the essential tremor. but ever since then, i feel like these tremors got worse. even in my legs, when i try to bend and squat, they shake some and its worrying me. they just feel weak, they dont hurt me. sometimes i get slight muscle twitches. i have also noticed that my head jerks...i dont think its noticable to other people but i feel it, when i try to keep it straight or when i breathe, it just jerks some, it's weird...even when i lay down...at first i was describing it at something jerking on the inside of my head...the thing thats started to worry me is the head jerking/tremors and also that i have been feeling dizzy'ish and lightheaded for sligtly over a month now, its pretty much consistent but sometimes it increases and sometimes its slight. i told this to my primary doctor and she sent me to have a brain mri. i had it and they called me saying there's a questionable area in the pituriary gland (sp?), so they sent me to have another mri just of that area, and with contrast, its been a week and they still havent called me with the results...so i have no clue what's going on or how the pituriary gland would even relate to the neurological issues. but idk...all i got is google, lol. anyway...this dizziness and lightheadness and tremors and weakness is just worrying me...

i had the nerve conduction study today and the emg...doctor wouldnt even tell me what was being done or what the results are...im supposed to go back tomorrow to have it done on my legs cuz today it was just my hands and arms...the nerve conduction study, seemed like my body parts were responding to the shocks nearly as fast as i felt the shocks, though i did notice that the shocks hurt more in my left hand/arm...does that mean anything? and when it comes to the emg...he sticked the needle in my hand and various parts of my arm, both of them actually. i noticed that as he was doing it, i didnt hear any sound when hands/arms were at rest, then when he told meto push against his arm, there was a sound, soon as he told me to relax and i would, sound would disappear. even tho i did feel shaky and tremory and twitchy throughout the whole test, i guess those things werent detectable by the machine? like is it possible that some slight movements arent detected by that machine? cuz i really only heard the song when i was contracting the muscles even tho they felt "shaky" even while at rest. but then he put the needle in two spots in the back of my neck and there was no sounds at all...not while at rest and not while i was moving my head as he told me to do...nothing...at least i dont rmemeber there being any...is that normal or can that mean anything? isnt there supposed to be a noise when u move a limb/body part? when i asked the doctor he said "pretty good" when i asked bout both tests...whatever that means...but he did say they will look at my mri results too...idk, its all just weird to me...

little background too. i am 25 and i am currently overweight, not that much cuz im 5'2 and weight 190lbs but most of my life i have been losing and gaining weight, on and off...never really been consistent when it comes to excercising but whenever id try to lose weight, id be somewhat active. since like june or july last year, i dumped my healthy lifestyle and started eating very bad again, not excercising, drinkign but just a bit, and i developed a nasty habit of having an energy drink daily..........i also have severe depression and anxiety (but no anxiety attacks or panic attacks where i cant breathe etc), and i have had it for years...and last thing is, i always thought i slept great cuz i love sleep and i could sleep for hours but now that i think about it, ever since i can remember i would always wake up multiple times at night and also i seem to have nigthmares every or every other night...i got a fitbit that its telling me that i am at leaast over 20 times restless every night...and its been years that its been this way and ive had depression...and also lead a non-healthy lifestyle without proper diet and excercise...i just wonder if any of these things i just listed could have led to the physical symptoms im having right now....

last year i was a healthy eating and living woman and nothing really bother me other than being down cuz ive been depressed for eyars, and other than my knees. now im worried that theres something else that's wrong with me. i literally feel lightheaded and unsteady and offbalance, i feel weak and lifeless and my fingers, hands, arms, legs and even toes and my head feel shaky and tremor'y. idk what to do about that, i keep on hoping its just my body that just got tired of all the abuse and anxiety etc...and i hope its just that cuz i know that literally all my life i have been stressed and anxious and down and just thinking the worst, ive diagnosed myself with stuff before that i was convinced i had and didn't...and i hope its the same with this but at the same time im afraid because ive never had these symptoms and they persist even when im not anxious about anything, at least not conciously...or directly at the time. and i had an mri like 6 years ago, showed nothing, this one now did..im scared

what do u guys think? sorry its so long

Get the pituitary thing checked, but nothing you describe sounds like ALS. Good luck.
Vincent

thank you for replying, but i am still worried, def getting my brain checked...

Seriously, Y, you never mentioned a single symptom of ALS.

In fact, I don't see any reason to think it's neurological at all. But I'm not a doctor, so I won't try to diagnose you. But we do know ALS pretty well, and you did not post anything whatsoever that had anything to do with ALS.

Stick with your doctors. Stop googling diseases on the Internet. If you must worry about something, please do your worrying elsewhere. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back