Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
About 2 months ago i was having some digestive issues, that scared me so bad I thought I was having colon cancer. Ever since then I have done nothing but worry about having a serious illness. I have seen a psych. and they say I have anxiety and ocd.

My main worry though is that it is something serious and these are my symptoms:

Twitching in left eye lid

twitching in the muscle that runs above the elbow almost constantly in my left arm.

twitching that is in the rest of my body, but not on a constant basis. (worse after exercise)

today i had twitching above my lip on the sides after having a lengthy conversation.

Feeling more fatigued than usual.

fear that makes me think I have muscular atrophy and wasting in my left hand in arm....my left hand is smaller than my right..but I am right handed and i use it more.

sometimes I also get slight tremors in my left hand.

i also periodically get cramps in my arm where the twitches are.

I am extremely worried, and its all I can think about. I have a 2 year old, and am a newly wed....

i have never been scared like this in my life....please help

Thanks.

codya,

I am not sure about all the twitches but when I was super sick with digestive issues (colon~c-diff) I thought I had colon cancer or chrons etc. During my research, they said twitching in the eye can happen. They did not say anyother twitching would. I started with my twitching and muscle loss after a colon infection BUT Looking back I has some minor things before that.

Have you seen a GI or neuro? you should look into celiac sprue, chron's etc. Get blood work, when I was at my sickest with my colon my potasium dropped so low I got a twich, so maybe there is a imbalance here.

take care ,

april

thanks...yeh I had a sigmoid done....all was good...then they found out I had a parasite cryptosperidious...but the digestive issues have been better for about a month now.

idk....i think maybe im a little bit of a hypocondriac...but when it comes to life....i'd rather be safe than sorry...you know!

yes, I do know.

I have a 7yr old, 4yr old, and a 9 month old. Things are soooo great in my life that I have been scared to death for 6 months. I can tell you that It gets a little easier every week. It feels good to talk about it here with people that understand instead of scaring our families to death.

I was always a bit of a hypocondriac also, and I have had minor health issues to fuel it. Well, what has happen to me over the last 9 months is my WORST nightmare come true. I wish I had not spent the last 15 yrs of my life worrying about my health. *I feel like I am in a self-fullfilling prophecy or something.

My motto was better to be safe than sorry. I wasted no time getting into a als clinic at the universty. I saw a local neuro first but I wouldnt take her opinion on the matter. I feel better being where I am, kinda.

I do think that having your infection could of caused this and it is autoimmune in nature. If you dont have real atrophy (notable) and weakness or real cramping, then try not to stress to much.

make an appt with a neuro for you piece of mind...

take care

april

do you have als? I am sorry about your health...hopefully things will get better...the one thing that helps me is focusing on the fact that it is out of my control... I just Have to tell myself God is in control, and he wont give me anything that I cant handle.

codya,

I have no diagnosed YET. I have alot of issue's but I am still functional and able to take care of my family so I am blessed in that regard. IT is in gods hand but I still have to let it go and raise it up better! I live day to day and feel blessed to have this moment with my family. On that note, I am getting of the pc and taking my kids to my sister's lake and having fun regardless of how I feel.

april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back