Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Jacksonville
Hi, like the title says, I'm a 25 year old male, and I'm freaking out a little bit because my hands and feet are going numb/are feeling tight.

Sorry for the wall of text.

A little bit of backstory, I'm not certain these incidents are related, but thought I'd share because they might be.

About 2 years ago in March 2019, I went to the ER because my left arm was tingling for like a week. They did an IV of saline, CT, CTA, Blood work and Urine tests, and found nothing. But after the saline, it went away and didn't come back.

6 months later, in September 2019 my ulnar nerve area on my left hand went slightly numb/tingly and has stayed since. I can feel it, it's just reduced. I've been seeing a physical therapist about this.

About 2 weeks ago, my right radial nerve section on my forearm started aching/going slightly numb.

Also, this has only happened a few times but it started a few months ago, my left testicle will occasionally go numb for a few hours.

Cut to this Monday around 9pm, both arms and feet got very tingly and lost some feeling, I got very lightheaded, nauseous, and had blurred vision. I went to the ER, and they did an MRI, CT scan, Blood and Urine tests.

They ended up finding a bulging disk in my neck, between C6-C7, as well as a UTI. I'm currently taking Methylprednisolone for inflammation, Sulfamethoxazole for the UTI, and Ondansetron for Nausea.

Since then, the tingling is gone, they're still very slightly numb from what I can tell, but mostly I feel weak, like it's harder to move my hands, I feel uncoordinated, I've been shivering constantly, my balance is slightly off, I'm having difficulty concentrating and my left testicle is also very sore, not sure if that's part of the UTI or relating to the previously mentioned numbness. One thing that really has me scared is I woke up to my left foot rapidly twitching yesterday, and my finger twitching this morning.

I have a feeling this is more than a bulging disk in my neck. And my physical therapist is also unconvinced that a bulging disk would affect my feet like this.

I've been looking way to much into ALS and so many symptoms seem to match up. It's honestly got me terrified.

I'm seeing a neurologist on Wednesday, but if I could get any advice, or if anyone has any ideas of what this could be, I'd really appreciate it.

I also often get really bad base of skull/temple headaches, if that means anything.

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues , but numbness, tingling, "feeling" weak, and headaches point away from ALS, not towards. ALS is a disease of the motor neurons, and what you are describing involves your sensory neurons.

In ALS, one's part of their body just stops working. There's no pain, no tingling, just failure. You are not describing that at all. However, with the headaches, numbness, and tingling can, contrary to what your physio says, be caused by a bulging disc.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for. It's not at all how ALS starts, so I do hope this reassures you. If you have any further questions, please read the sticky at the top of this sub-forum entitled "IMPORTANT. Please read before posting".

Good luck to you and stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back