Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Carmel Hamlet
Hello. 2 months ago my upper left chest starting twitching. It happens every few seconds. I'm terrified... I have found several people on YouTube who have reported their 1st symptoms were twitching for months before any other symptom developed. It's the muscle that runs from my upper sternom to my armpit. It's like a straight line. There is definitely an indentation there which also suggests atrophy I believe. It should be noted that for about a decade I've had BFS... but never anything like this ... used to be a week or 2 and on occasion. This is literally every few seconds and has not stopped. I'm having hard time finding other people with localised twitching for months twitching that didn't stop. Hoping someone can share similar story that ended up OK. Seeing a neuro next week.

Hi Jack
not a thing like ALS which is great news.. Your neuro next week will sort out what is what I'm sure.
Please read this one carefully as it is our offical stand, not what you might find on YT

Thanks for responding. Believe me... I am aware of how rare ALS is, and I'm also aware that fasciculations with no other symptom are dismissed. But I have found people with the disease that only had fasiculation for months before any other symptom... so as unlikely as it is that I have it, unfortunately it's not completely improbable. What I am really hoping to find here are others that have had nonstop localised fasiculations for MONTHS and ended up ok.

your bio says diagnosed with umnd/ pls in 6/2012. Your post does not indicate such. Please fix

Jack if you read the post I directed you to, you need to know that is our offical position. You can find anything to support anything by trawling the internet. It also says clearly that this place is for you to ask us and be answered. It is not a place to discuss your symptoms with other people who wonder if they have ALS so you won't get responses on that.
However if you just read back the last few pages of posts in this section you will find that anyone that comes here with only twitches either is diagnosed with something else, or just drops away because it resolves. That sticky post also tells you a huge range of other things that could be happening, so why not fixate on it being something benign or treatable?
I am sure if you work with your doctors you will find this is the same with you.
Please start living, twitching means nothing and is interfering with life you will never get back if you let this worry you all the time. I truly wish you all the best as you work through this with a doctor who can examine you and track what is going on.

I posted here a few weeks ago. I have had a localised chest twitch for 2 months. Every second of every day it twitches. I actually went to the neurologist yesterday. I had to ask HIM for an EMG... because he didn't even feel the need! He watched it twitch for 10 minutes, he even brought in his partner to show him... apparently my twitch was impressive. But neither were concerned about it. Having EMG on Tuesday

You posted here on Sunday, not a few weeks ago. Perhaps you have your forums confused? In any case, you had to ask your doctor for an EMG because he did not think you needed one. Twitching means squat. I twitch all the time- eye, bicep, leg, face- but I don't have ALS. My husband, who does have ALS, does not twitch. In fact, around 70% of people twitch randomly; do 70% of the population have ALS?

Keep working with your docs, hydrate properly, and get plenty of rest.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back