Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hello, I'm a 23 years old male from Sweden.

Since february this year i've been extremly worried about developing ALS.
It started with muscle twitches in my right bicep and it kept going constant throughout the whole day. However the second day it was gone. I made the dumb decision to google it and there for i ended up here. throughout the last months i've had muscle twitches running through my entire body, from my forhead to my feet. A week ago i've been having a feeling of constant muscle fatigue in my right shoulder area. Does this feeling sound to you like a symtom of an early stage ALS?
I havent experience any weakness at all. I've talked to my local doctor about these muscletwitches but he didnt want to investigate further.

I would be so happy if someone with expereience could give me some feedback on this. :)

Hi there- please read here to get your answers about muscle twitching and feelings of fatigue. Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

Your doctor is the person who examined you in person and is best placed to tell you if there is a concern. It sounds like they found nothing to worry about and I don't think anyone here would disagree. If you are experiencing issues with your shoulder, a physiotherapist or osteopath can help you with assessment and exercises/adjustment.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I were to my docotor before this feeling of constant fatigue in my shoulder area happened.
I read that link u sent me, didnt find anything about "fatigue feelings"

Have a nice day!

"Fatigue feelings" have nothing to do with ALS. Your mind is running away from you. As stated, you can have your shoulder assessed if your condition worsens; overuse injuries are very common.

Thank you for answering me, i have one last quesion. This feeling of fatigue is not only in my shoulder, but also in my tricep and bicep. If i hold the phone in my right arm i will feel fatigue pretty fast. I’ve never had this fatigue feeling while holding the phone. I’m really worried about this and its causing me alot of anxiety, maybe that could be the cause of this fatigue.. anyways with this new details i added, do you still think i should stay away from this forum?

It's showing up on different sites that abnormal fatigue in an arm or legs is one of the first signs of ALS, now im terrified :( Is muslce fatigue one of the first symptoms? i think this is so unclear.

Please read the answers Nikki and lgelb already gave you, and also the “Read before posting” link Shiftkicker provided. Muscle fatigue is not ALS. You’ve been answered. You are being ruled by your anxiety. This is not an anxiety forum. I’m closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back