Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
HI
City
Honolulu
Right now I have slight random twitches in my legs and muscle tightness and what feels like weakness. Two days ago I felt rather fine two days before that I felt the same thing now I woke at 4 am to weakness in my legs and still the random twitches here and there and nausea. I also have twitches with my head sometimes. It seems like if I move or tap my legs it kind of helps with nausea?

Very strange and these symptoms started exactly a year ago around time of the election and were prevalent for a couple months then died down and now I'm feeling it again.

I feel like I could still hike or lift logs of course but I'm still scared that the weakness I'm feeling and the twitching could be als? Nausea and stomach twitches are new symptoms this past week. The twitching is only really prevalent in my legs and head sort of. The weakness just started as well as the tightness about a week ago while stretching doesn't seem to fix the problem. I've never really felt these strange things before and the twitching every 2 or 3 minutes it's a makes me scared.

Funny, my symptoms started or intensified around the election too :).

If you read the stickies at the top of this sub forum, you’ll see that ALS is about failing, not feeling. Feeling weak without loss of function is therefore not suggestive of ALS. The symptoms you describe are nonspecific. I recommend making sure you keep well-hydrated and stretch before and after exercise or other physical exertion.

Just worked today I do very hard labor construction lifting etc. I could hardly do anything my legs were so weak I could still lift stuff but it just feels no weak. My body kinda of felt like sickness fatigue as I'm somewhat nauseas too but my thigh is kinda twitching too. I don't understand how u say it's failing because wouldn't the beginning be weakness to the point of failure? Why would it just be I can't do anything one day wouldn't I get worse like over a week or month or year?

No, ALS is not like that. It's the inability of your muscles to do anything at all, ever again. Understand?

Please believe the knowledgeable members on the forum who have taken the time to answer your question.

For further answers, go to your GP. Your post does not say ALS. Full stop.

As Karen said, these symptoms are not specific. If I were you and I was anxious, I'd make an appointment with your GP and see what she/he says. It could be a nutritional deficiency, dehydration, or any number of easy-to-fix things. "Feeling" weak is very different from "clinical weakness." When you are actually weak, you cannot lift or climb or do things like that.

See your GP and figure out what's causing these vague symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back