Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
Recently I’ve been having these muscle spasms and twitching mostly in my left arm sometimes in my legs and abdomen. My legs also feel more weaker than usual and it’s harder for me to walk it seems like. My left nose and ear has also been stopped up and my neck and head hurt sometimes. My speech has kinda been acting stupid I’ll mispronounce words often. I’m also constipated and my urine has been a dark yellow. I’ve also been dropping things often but my grip in my left hand is still strong. I also went to stick my tongue out and it was twitching a lot. I’m really scared that I could have this.

I see no reason to believe that. But you should check in with your primary care doc to see if, for example, you might have a sinus infection. As always, stay hydrated and try not to stress.

Best,
Laurie

It just scares me because I’m so young and I’ve got so much potential and more memories to make and I feel like I’ve been taking my life for granted. I mean when you see people like Stephen Hawking getting it at 21 and even recently Eric Stevens who was a college football player and he was like 29.

You're not the first person really freaked out by ALS, and you won't be the last. But the fact that some young people unfortunately get it, which is really rare, doesn't make it any more likely that you did, which you fortunately didn't.

If you can't control your fears, get counseling (by video, these days). Life is too short to live in fear. And your real problems are likely very treatable.

If you feel like you've been taking your life for granted, stop, and make it count. Volunteers are more important than ever. There are always some ways, big or small, to help others -- and therefore yourself.

Now I’m having twitching between my index finger and thumb and in my eye and tingling in both of my shoulders are tingling on both sides of my neck and face. My walking problem went away.

Closed for multi id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back