Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
City
Grangeville
I am a 22 year old female. About 3 months ago I my right thumb started twitching. It would twitch everyday out of no where. I googled my symptom and als was the first thing to pop up. My twitching has since spread all over my body both of my arms, both of my hands and fingers, and feet, my legs and calves even my face my eyes and lips and chin, my stomach and back . I have no muscle weakness that i know of. I find myself doing multiple strength tests throughout the day. My poor husband reassures me as much as he can but it doesn't help. I spend much of my day worrying about als

Please note as is stated in the read before posting sticky you all should have read undiagnosed persons are not allowed to post on other’s thread. Op if you wish to discuss and compare symptoms with Moi please do so through visitor messages thank you

Hi Erica,

I have very good news for you. Lots of people twitch and, in many, it starts out of nowhere. If it goes on for a long time it's called benign fasciculation syndrome. There are discussion forums for this condition.

It could be a vitamin deficiency, lack of constant proper hydration, mineral imbalance, or even stress.

If I were you I'd get blood work and make sure everything is in balance (including Vitamin B-12 & D), make sure I was eating a healthy diet, get lots of exercise, get good sleep, and not worry about ALS.

Best wishes,

Erica - I think you know you don't have ALS but are an admitted hypochondriac and sufferer of anxiety.

Please realise this is not the place appropriate for you in any way at all. I wish you peace and hope you will get help from your doctors.

Note to mods - I was contacted on visitor page, possibly others have been too.

Erika, please stick to this thread. Please check your private messages.

I am so sorry. I literally stumbled on this site while in a panic, I seem to have convinced myself that I have als just because I am twitching everywhere. I didn't mean to upset or offend anyone. I was just looking for some reassurance so I can hopefully get back to being the best mom to my 10 month old daughter. I am also currently pregnant with my second and the thought of having als devastates me. Again I am truly sorry to anyone I offended I'm not sure how this site really works but as I stated before I just wanted some reassurance

Twitching means squat, nada, zilch, zip.
Twitching is far too common to be diagnostic of anything.

You've been repeatedly reassured, now quit before you get banned.

Go see a Doctor for your worries, but don't say ALS.

Erica, I don't think the type of reassurance you need is to be found on an ALS website. I think it's important to speak to a doctor about the anxiety and symptoms and how they are affecting your life right now. It's important to get the right kind of support as a new mum, and also as an expectant mum. Seeking assurance from strangers on the internet who have a disease you are terrified of is likely the exact opposite of what you need.

Best wishes. I hope you are willing to seek proper care for yourself. It's important- and your health needs are important. Take care of yourself.

Thank you all for all of the reassurance I didn't mean to upset anybody I will be talking to my doctor about my anxiety and I am also going to start counseling. I wish you all the best and again, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back