00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Brooklyn
Hi all,

I’m a 22 y/o male who recently has been experiencing a weird sensation in my forearm and hand. It feels as if my right forearm and hand don’t have the strength they once did. My symptoms include weakness and tightness. They developed a week ago. Since a week ago I’ve experienced weakness in my right forearm and hand that comes and goes. Sometimes appears in my left hand and forearm but then stops and goes back to my right hand and forearm. Is this a common symptom of als? Also when trying to workout my right forearm, it quickly burns and begins to tighten up. I’ve also had occasional muscle twitches in my right calf, back and right shoulder over the best 6 months that come and go every so often.Also recently noticed the twitching in both my forearms that pulsates for a second then goes away. I have An apportionment tomorrow at neuro and was hoping to hear any feed back regarding my symptoms and if they are persistent with als. I’ve been freaking out a lot recently, symptoms developed last Sunday and have come and went. Sorry to those who are suffering from this illness,I hope to one day contribute to the field of nureology my self by being a researcher/MD. Also before I go, I’ve been noticing cracking in my jaw too.

Weakness isn't a "symptom" unless someone besides you perceives it. I don't see ALS in this at all, and am sure your appointment will be reassuring. Maybe a trainer online or looking at some new vids can help you fine-tune your workouts. Stress, sleep, nutrition, hydration and your daily stretching regimen are all worth a look.

Best,
Laurie

You must start here and read it through twice, keeping in mind you have a medical degree.

All your questions are answered here - you don't have a single symptom and I think you already know that because you start by saying you think you have a terminal disease and end by saying you hope to contribute to the field of neurology one day. That means you know you are not dying. Get help from a doctor and stay off here once you read that post I've linked to. Have a wonderful life.

Hi Laurie,

Can the muscle weakness come and go ? For example the weakness being in my right hand in the morning then my left during the evening while my right hand feels perfectly fine. For example all of yesterday it was my left hand that felt weak and then today my right. The forearm workout also caused my hands to tense up for a bit shortly after the workout.

No offence mate, but instead of asking Laurie to take more time - please read the post I linked to you as it answers this question. Please realise this is a website for people dying of a terminal illness. You do not have ALS, no way.

If it were ALS, it would not come and go, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back