Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Schaumburg
Hi guys firstly I just wanted to say thank you for reading this, wether you’re a PALS a caregiver or just family affected by this horrible disease im so sorry and I have been donating so much ever since finding out about it, I changed my degree to neuroscience actually ever since finding out about the horrifying nature of this disease.

So to start my story in June of last year I started feeling rly weird cramping/weakness feeling in my right arm while moving a couch. That progressed into twitching in that arm. I started to get very worried about ALS and fell down the rabbit hole that so many fall down. Well 6 months later in November I was having trouble chewing it felt super tiring, but at the doctor my PCP said I had no weakness. He still ordered me to go to a neuro to be sure. They tested my reflexes and said they were normal,then ordered a EMG. Everything was completely normal on the EMG, I thought that would be the end of it and that it was all in my head but NONE of my symptoms have gone away:/ it’s now been almost a year with symptoms and I guess my question is from June-may (11 months) would it be impossible to have no clinical weakness or failure by now? I know these are probably dumb questions but anyone that takes the time to answer thank you so so much:) I’ve seen a lot of posts on these threads that are super insensitive and I hope this didn’t come off as such.

Hi Devon,

Here's the last discussion from October- Scared sick of ALS.

After almost a year and no loss of function (the primary symptom of ALS), you're good to go!

Take care

Yeah I'd guess pretty much impossible to have no clinical weakness this far along, you are good to go as Shiftkicker says 👏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back