Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Schaumburg
Hi guys firstly I just wanted to say thank you for reading this, wether you’re a PALS a caregiver or just family affected by this horrible disease im so sorry and I have been donating so much ever since finding out about it, I changed my degree to neuroscience actually ever since finding out about the horrifying nature of this disease.

So to start my story in June of last year I started feeling rly weird cramping/weakness feeling in my right arm while moving a couch. That progressed into twitching in that arm. I started to get very worried about ALS and fell down the rabbit hole that so many fall down. Well 6 months later in November I was having trouble chewing it felt super tiring, but at the doctor my PCP said I had no weakness. He still ordered me to go to a neuro to be sure. They tested my reflexes and said they were normal,then ordered a EMG. Everything was completely normal on the EMG, I thought that would be the end of it and that it was all in my head but NONE of my symptoms have gone away:/ it’s now been almost a year with symptoms and I guess my question is from June-may (11 months) would it be impossible to have no clinical weakness or failure by now? I know these are probably dumb questions but anyone that takes the time to answer thank you so so much:) I’ve seen a lot of posts on these threads that are super insensitive and I hope this didn’t come off as such.

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Hi Devon,

Here's the last discussion from October- Scared sick of ALS.

After almost a year and no loss of function (the primary symptom of ALS), you're good to go!

Take care

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Yeah I'd guess pretty much impossible to have no clinical weakness this far along, you are good to go as Shiftkicker says 👏

Status
Not open for further replies.