Hagermannen

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SE
Hi all!
Im unfortunately posting on this forum because for almost the last two years I have been troubled with symptoms.

Before I start I'd like to say thank you to this forum and the people in here who keep strangers like myself from entering total mental breakdowns.

Im 34/M with 3 kids under 10 so you could say my daily life is quite "eventful".
Anyway since december 2020 Ive been struggling with different kind of symptoms.
All from twitches and perceived weakness in limbs.
During this time I have been visiting my healthcare quite alot of times. It resulted in me getting an appointment with my local neurology center.
My complaints were weakness in hand and arm, feeling like i was out of balance, all on the right side of my body.

The neurologist did a full "checkup" with various tests like babinski and hand strength readers.
His conclusion was that I showed no sign of any MND, with one of his train of thought being if I would indeed had ALS it would have showed more by now(this was in may)
With this I tried to clear all of these thoughts out of my mind , but lately I have noticing clear atrophy on my right shoulder blade area, bicep and thumb..

Is it possible that all of this could have progressed during this summer or am I just dellusional?

I hope this is making sense to you, its not so often I type in English.
Regards Jonas

It is most unlikely. Your GP can baseline your motor function and musculature. If the anxiety is taking over your life, it is time to consider counseling.

Time to go back to your doctor as you can't diagnose atrophy.
ALS seems like the least likely thing going on. Talk openly with your doctor about your symptoms and fears.

thanks for those replies.
I know that I should see proffesional help against health anxiety, and I do have an appointment next week.

But I have to ask some more questions. Because Im in full panic mode in the inside and its affecting my everyday life.

As I stated earlier ive had problems since about jan 2021, with feeling weak on right side mainly. But just in the last Month or two I have been feeling much weaker. I do constantly feel some sort of stiffness in my right leg, shoulder and arm. When I stood in attention at work earlier today my right thigh was twitching like crasy. I also get pain around my right hand when its been used for a shorter period of time. In fact , most of my rightsided limbs and joints ache after some use.

Again, I do apologize if Im rambling but I am seriously scared.
Thanks

Unless you see a doctor you should not post here again.
If you need your fears reassured because you won't do that, read this (probably you didn't yet), but please get help. Asking the terminally ill for help while not seeing a doctor is really not on.

That was never my intention, but I do understand your point. Im sorry if I offended anyone. I wont post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back