Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
Caerphilly
City
Caerphilly
Hi guys, I'm new here and was wondering if the symptoms I've gotten over the last 2 years could be something malicious. I'm asking from your guys experience does any of this sound familiar, it's a pretty long story..

First I'd like to say I've been suffering from Anxiety and also mild depression since 14 (20 now) which since about 16-17 it was really good, still anxious wasn't close to what it used to be. I just wanted to state that since it could be a fundamental part.

So it was mid October 2013 when my symptoms started, reason I remember was I had otoplasty surgery (ears pinned) the same week this started. I woke up one morning and noticed my left ulnar nerve was slightly numb, definitely noticable but played it off as nothing at the time I was going to the gym 5 times a week, which after a few weeks I think.. I started getting pain in both of my wrists (I was then scheduled to have ulnar decompression surgery), so I then resorted to doing weight lifting for my legs also cardio/football (soccer), which not long into it I was noticing my hands and I think feet were tingling and turning slightly pale whilst doing cardio/football which not long after my calves felt insanely tight and my feet were starting to tingle constantly and not long after the outside of my left foot went slightly numb and big toe on my right foot shortly after which rung alarm bells in my head and so I stopped all physical activity because I was in pain from my calf tightness. I saw my doctor not long after, had blood tests done, everything seemed normal so they ended it there, not sure exactly what was tested. Skip forward a few weeks maybe couple of months I get little twitches on the muscle next to my shin (right) and also on my quadricep, which I think slowly went away but shortly after came back but has got progressively worse throughout these 2 years, It's now affecting most of my body. Skip to 5 weeks ago I'm having my ulnar decompressed at this point its pretty wasted, It stills functions normal, just slightly slower and hurts if I tense the muscle there. Surgery goes fine, but I still have the numbness which I expected from the damage already done, anyways the past 5 weeks have been quite worrying, 3 weeks ago I noticed the outside of my right foot has now gone slightly numb and then in the same week my other ulnar nerve on my right hand has also gone slightly numb, so the past couple of weeks my anxiety/depression/stress has been at a all time high, sleep pattern completely flipped, no appetite etc.. past 2 days my nose and under my eyes have felt numb with a burning sensation under my right eye which I'm just going to say is due to the stress.

Sorry for the block of text, I just really wanted to try and give as much info as I could and not be so cryptic, my timeline maybe slightly off because somewhere inbetween I think my left thumb has gone numb too, I'm still missing some bits but I'd rather not add anymore to what is already a huge read I can give you more details about my diet but I'll reply with that later. Thanks for the help.

Not sure how I missed this,the nerve by my inner bottom left shoulder blade also was flaring up just after my first ulnar issue, which got flared up during the gym but was getting relieved by a chiropractor I've been going to, but since I've not been going that often it has been almost a constant with numbness, really annoying/itchy, my right side has been showing similar symptoms aswell.

First, 20-year-olds don't get ALS. That would be a world record.
Second, pain and numbness are not ALS. If you had ALS for two years, you'd probably be dead or severely disabled by now.
Third, go see a real doctor. Chiropractors are trained in one method of relieving symptoms. My plumber moonlights as a chiropractor. They are not trained to diagnose medical problems.

Mike are you for real? There's a bank manager in town that has a sideline business of home maintenance. I thought those professions were chalk and cheese...plumbing and chiropractic work? You seriously have to be taking the mick!
Janelle x

Janelle, you keep me glued to my dictionary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back