Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
boston
Hello. I posted several months ago and had my follow up with my neurologist yesterday. I am still having pretty regularly fasciculations, especially the abdominal area, legs and feet. My neurologist said my upper body reflexes were overactive beyond what is typically normal, but the rest of the reflexes and exam were normal. I had a normal emg in January and end of April. He wants to see me back in 4 months. Does fasciculations and hyper reflexes together seem very concerning?

No, they do not. Not in the absence of a normal clinical exam and two normal EMG s. Stress can cause what you are describing.

Is there a reason you are choosing not to believe your neuro when they said that you do not have ALS? You have been cleared every which way of ALS, yet here you are again asking more questions.

Do you think perhaps that you may be following the wrong path and you need to move on from focusing on this disease? That may net you a better path to choose when looking for what the issue is Because it most certainly is not ALS.

Sorry if I have offended. Just wanted to follow up and get some professional opinions on the presence of hyper reflexes and fasciculations simultaneously. Thank you for your time.

Previous thread

You asked the same question previously.
Another professional opinion: hyperreflexia and fasciculations in the presence of an otherwise normal neuro exam and two normal EMGs clears you of ALS.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please address them with your doctors. No further reason to hang out here

Thanks so much for your opinion on this. Appreciate it

Karen you are a physician correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back