00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Piscataway
Hi!
I’ve recently gotten a 2nd emg; the neurologist said nothing has changed and that the nerve conduction velocities were within range.
He did say he saw twitching in my left hand but that it was only minor and could be because of many things (I do squeeze my left thumb in my hand a lot and am always nervous/ocd with it).
Still, my limb weakness has gotten worse, and my body does twitch a little everyday.
My questions is if it’s been 8 months since I noticed these symptoms, is that enough time for an emg to clearly show als?

Hi Seth-

I have moved your thread to the appropriate subforum. Your past thread is here: Clean EMG 3 months after onset of symptoms an

It sounds like you were cleared, via emg, at the time of your last thread. Your second emg recently just reinforces it. You will have to keep working with your doctors, but it's very clear that ALS is not a concern. It might also be advisable to work with someone who can help you with your focus on ALS, as you were advised to do when your last thread was active.

When you say your limb weakness has 'gotten worse' - is this clinical weakness that a doctor has confirmed?
The EMG would have shown ALS back in March, I'm sure you are being clearly told there is nothing that should concern you regarding ALS.
Please just work with your doctors, they can help you if you follow their directions.

Thank you, no “clinical” weakness, but at the gym, for ex., I lost a ton of strength. Idk if it’s bc I’m like scared to workout now.

I just don’t know what to do anymore; 2 emgs seem like pretty definitive.

My left arm and leg feel weak, but my second emg had higher nerve conductions with my sural nerve than last time.

I just want to stop obsessing; I’m in a super dark place right now bc I still think I have a MND; I just wish my reflexes were normal and I didn’t have weakness.

Thanks again

Seth, an ALS forum is the absolute wrong place to be for a person obsessed with ALS but who does not show signs of it. I am closing this thread and request you not post here again. Once again, please use the resources you were provided the last time you were here and your thread was closed. This is not healthy and the folks on this forum should not be used as an alternative to proper anxiety support.

Please take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back