Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PH
State
BU
City
BA
Good day, I am a 19 year old. It started with this muscle twitches for about a month. They would stop when im moving and be only present at rest with some little bit of tingles and numbness. then I searched the internet (google) of what could it be and I saw ALS I then felt panic and anxiety. I told my parents if we could go to neurologist and psychiatrist and prescribed me with anti depressants. He also told me that It’s not als since I he said that it starts with weakness but for the peace of mind he insistend to get thyroid and EMG. My anxiety has sky rocketed since then, I haven’t been able to function well. Im sorry for the inconvenience.

The problem is anxiety, not ALS. Antidepressants can take weeks to work. Until then, there is no harm in getting the tests your doctor recommends to be sure that things are good. But random twitching is very common and you can usually make it better with simple changes in your lifestyle, just as if you needed a new pillow or chair (which with pain/tingling, you might actually need).

It's natural to be scared when you have issues and don't understand why, but as a rational person, you know that Google leads you to many sites and information that is not reliable. And there is usually not an illness behind twitching, especially if it improves with movement, often a sign that you are focusing too much on your body overall.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much! It’s really calming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back