Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
san jose
So I know that ALS is rare in a 19 year old but here is my story.

So I'm a pretty healthy guy up until I started having these weird symptoms. I was in the kitchen stirring up some pancake mix when I noticed moderate weakness and fatigue in my arms.

I went to a neurologist when all of this first all started but they didn't think much of it.All they did was like a long standard neurological test.So these symptoms continued for about 15 months.I didn't really notice them getting any worse over time but I could be wrong.

So about 10 days ago I went into the er , and had another standard neurological test done.The doctor didn't think I was extremely weak or anything like that.

So now 4 days ago I started feeling really weak and shaky .All of these symptoms mainly in my arms but a little in my legs as well.I'm also dropping things which has never happened to me before. I can barely function at work now.I don't know what is happening. I don't remember feeling like this 2 weeks ago.

I have an appointment to see a neurologist.

I'm real afraid that this could be something deadly like ALS

Doesn't sound like ALS. Could be anything - or nothing.

Come back after your neuro appointment. Let us know findings.

If it was ALS. - and it's been going on 15 months - there would be more obvious signs.

have you been check for diabetes?

I just checked my sugar level.It's at 89 I haven't ate anything. My dad is a diabetic so I just borrowed his thing and put a new needle in it.

My arms and legs feel shaky to me but I don't look shaky.

There are numerous things that could be causing your symptoms. Don't worry about having a fatal disease. It's almost Christmas soon. Go write Christmas cards or listen to some music. Enjoy yourself! You are going to be just fine. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back