00/0000
Country
FR
State
PA
City
Paris
Previous thread

Hello everyone, I'm really sorry to see you with my concerns. I read the post it but I am not reassuring.
I'm 35 years old and I have fasciculations for 19 months, I do not think I have weakness but I'm afraid of having als because it does not share part. I have twitchs every day all over the body in popcorn mode, I'm worried and afraid that this is serious. what do you think dear friends? thank you for your help and pray for all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yohann, this question was asked and answered in February. The answer today remains the same.

If you cannot heed the advice of the kind forum member who answered your last thread, and if you cannot let go of this unfounded fear, perhaps seeking counseling for your health anxiety would be your best bet.

For the record,I've twitched my whole life. Common sense says I do not have ALS. My husband does, however, and he does not twitch.

Take good care and best of luck to you.

I am sorry to come back to ask this question but I am so worried. I always twitch all over the body randomly every day. it's been 21 months, I have not had a diagnosis. do you think it is possible to have the als after 21 of fasciculation ?Thank you for your help. I pray for you. I am 35 years old and I am in France.

No, I don't. There are many ways to reduce twitches, but if they had a sinister cause, you would know by now. I'd focus on nutrition, exercise, stress and sleep. Doing things you enjoy and helping others are good approaches to worrying less about them as well.

Best,
Laurie

You asked the same question in February and in April. Our answer remains the same — you do not have ALS.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you do not describe.

Our answer will remain the same no matter how long you twitch, where you twitch, or how often you twitch. It doesn’t matter, because unless you have muscle failure, you don’t have ALS.

If you still have concerns, please see a doctor. It’s not fair to keep coming back here asking the same questions.

thank you, I wonder why it takes months. I read stories where twitchs were the beginning of als ... that's why I have so little.

Twitches may never go away entirely, but you can reduce them by following the strategies you have read here and talking with your doctor.

I'm sorry to come back here. I have since 22 months twitching all over the body and every day with 24/7 in the calves. Do you think these symptoms are a precursor to als? I also have a sock sensation stuck on the last two toes of the right foot, similar to the level of the little finger. it has been going on for months. is it a weakness? too scared. I did not have any emg. I am really sorry. I am 35 years old and two small children.

Hi there- I recommend you re-read all of the advice you've been provided above. Your questions should be directed to a doctor now- they are in a position to search for a reason for your symptoms and provide solutions for your discomfort. You don't seem to be reassured by any answer here despite returning many times. Perhaps a doctor might be able to explain in a way that would be more reassuring to you.

thank you for your comeback. I have seen doctors but I am not reassured, they tell me anxiety. do you think we can have als with 22 months of twitching without real clinical weakness? thank you so much

No. No clinical weakness, no ALS. Listen to your docs and address your anxiety. Best wishes,
Tracy

I need your advice, it is possible to have 22 months of twitch on the corp in a random way just a cause of anxiety or must it still fear the als?

You have asked this several times and we respond the same way every time...no. Twitches don’t mean anything. The hallmark sign of ALS is weakness—an inability to do specific tasks like buttoning a shirt. You haven’t described or been diagnosed with clinical weakness. ALS is not diagnosed by twitching alone. That’s very good news for you.

Your doctors can’t reassure you and apparently we can’t. 2 years ( almost ) of twitches and normal exams say no ALS

Please seek support elsewhere as there is nothing more we can say

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back