Not open for further replies.

Lewis1000

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Sorry if this is a ramble I'm on my phone writing things as how I remember them. I'm only 18 and I've been turned away from a&e several times . Last Saturday I started to get extreme spasming in my armpit muscle which then spread to my left moob. Then I started noticing spasming in my left and right bicep near the inner elbow as well my abdomin.

Since then I've had small fine muscle twitches through my arms, legs, chest, abdominal, back, shoulders, hands and neck.

After that I started getting pain in my left bicep that was constant confined to two points. Since then I've had pain in the bicep when my arm is by my side. Then I started getting a weird tightness in my wrist with a stabbing pain along a vein. Since then it's been very stiff and holding my hand outstretched causes tension and pain. I've had the same tightness in my face and sometimes my facial muscles in the jaw feel weak. Before that I had been getting feelings of my throat closing over. I also got the stabbing and tightness in my neck. Sometimes I get tingling in my fingers.

My heart rate sits at 80-100 up from my normal 60-75. I've been getting headaches, faintness, my eyes losing focus. I get discomfort which I guess are cramps in both sides of my lower jaw. I've had a congested nose for 3 weeks.

My joints are constantly cracking sometimes at rest. Sometimes I get popping in my muscle. As I'm writing this I got more stabbing pains in my bicep and I get pain as I move my thumb to type. I have a tiny but repetitive contraction of my upper bicep.

My blood tests are fine.

Is this ALS?

I also have a perpetual burp, a have had pains in my abdomin and sternum so bad I've screamed

NoMorePanic.co.uk is a great place to hash some of your feelings out, and hear from others in the same predicament. There is an ALS forum there where people worried about ALS talk about how they feel.

Here, we send you on your way because you don't have ALS. And trust me, you don't want it, nor to spend your life worrying about it.

No doubt, you are ill, stressed and/or anxious about things, but your GP or clinic is the best resource to find ways to feel better. You might ask about physio. Sometimes one muscle or joint in distress sets off others. That will not be seen in bloodwork, etc. but it is very treatable.

The good news...I repeat...is that you do not have ALS or anything like it. Please get help for anxiety so you can live a more fulfilling life. This isn't the place for you.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back