Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Bethlehem
Hello everyone. I’m 18 years old and I’m pretty good shape. Recently however I have been terrified that I may have ALS. In march Is where it all began. In school I was sitting and my arm started to have an insane spasm mainly in the left shoulder. This was followed by spasms every single day in my face/stomach/head/hands/feet/ and non stop in my legs at night. The spasms were painless. I then started to have blurred vision or eye floaters in my eyes. I didn’t think much of it. The spasms started to slowly subside but we’re still happening but way less frequently. I thought I was healthy until now. During July/august I notice extreme brain fog and just feeling disconnected from my body. This was followed by a sharpe pain in the middle of my left hand and a sharpe pain in the middle of my left foot with the spasms started to return to normal and mainly in my left shoulder. After the pain in my hand Amd feet I began to notice a decrease in strength and muscle mass in my left hand and left foot. My shoulders and legs feel extremely heavy and sometimes unmovable. My left side is noticeable weaker then my right from head to toe.
I have had numerous appointments and blood work done and the only thing I tested slightly positive for was Epstein Bar virus. I had a X-ray of my lower back/neck and chest that came back normal and a Nerve conduction study that came back “normal.I have an appointment with neurologist coming up sep 23 and I am completely terrified. I no longer can flex my left calf when i am sitting. Below I have pictures that I suspect contain muscle atrophy. I thank and pray for everyone on this forum 🙏🏾

We don’t do pictures here. Did your ncs include an emg ( emg is needles ncs is shocks)

My bad I am very new and ignorant to the rules. And yes a neddle was used and the doctor told me there was nothing unusual and the reading was completely normal. But I have my doubts about the accuracy do to the fact that I have noticeable weakness in my left side along with daily facial spasms and left shoulder spasm. With pain in middle of my left hand and left foot. Am I able to send you picture privately so you can examine?

A normal emg indicates something else is going on. The neuro will figure it out. It is very difficult to impossible to assess atrophy in pictures which is why they are not allowed. I certainly did not see anything worrisome when I reviewed tem in queue but it is up to an n persn physician to examine and decide

Please don't hang around here a moment longer as you do not belong here.
Photos are useless and we are not doctors.
Read the post Nikki kindly sent you, then block this site and get back to your doctor and explain your huge fear so you can get help.
You have your life ahead of you, get help now and you will live it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back