Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Johns Creek
Hi all so I have been pretty concerned about having ALS. Here's my situation. Back in October I started getting muscle twitches. They started all over and were very abrupt(they still are). About a month later I was concerned so I saw a neurologist and had an EMG done that came back clean. About a month later I noticed weakness in my right arm. It was slight though. I tested my strength in the weight room working out my shoulders, biceps, triceps, and my chest. I didnt have to decrease in weight at all. A couple of weeks later I started getting seizures in the morning. I got an MRI done that came back clean and then an EEG that confirmed I had epilepsy. That made me feel a bit better until I developed a weird speech problem. It feels like I have a constant lump in my throat that is preventing me from talking coherently. I can still form words and evrything it just feels like there is phlegm constantly in my throat. I dont have any trouble swallowing food or anything like that just some issues with talking.

Here are my current symptoms:
Weakness in right arm
Muscle Twitching
Issues talking
Stiffness

Sorry that this is long. Any thoughts from you guys? Should I be worried?

You should be worried, have you been straight back to your doctor?

Epilepsy is not something to mess about with.

I'm so pleased to let you know for certain that you have NO ALS symptoms.

Please get yourself checked by your doctor.

You do not have ALS. Read the stickies at the top of this "Do I Have ALS" thread.

You need to go back to your doctor and find out what is going on. Have you talked to your parents about this? You absolutely don't have ALS symptoms at all. Epilepsy can be very serious. But, can be managed. Best of luck to you. But, you won't find any answers to any medical questions on here because what your are dealing with has nothing at all to do with ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back