Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I talked with Ross Murphy, a relatively new member today and his mother Audrey passed away this morning at the age of 71 after a 10 year battle with PLS. His sign in name was ross and he didn't post much but he was a dedicated caregiver for his mom. Even in this time of grief he still offered to stay on the forum to possibly help others. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends today.

We are sorry for your loss, Ross. Thank you for offering to stick around and offer some of the insight you have gained from caring for your Mom. We are here for you, as well! regards, Cindy

15 yrs with PLS Mom passed away

Saturday morning May 19 Mom passed away she left us quietly and we believe painlessly she had strugled the last year and I was proud to be her caretaker she was a proud woman and a Lady to the end. We all learned a lot and had many donations made in her name at her funeral to the ALS foundation here in Kentucky this has been a great forum for the short time I have been here I wish I had found it earlier I will check in from time to time because this disease is a very tough disease to deal with and if I can help anybody else it would be my pleasure, thru caring for mom for all these years I have learned a lot and would be happy to share anything I can. All of you with als/pls will always be in my thoughts and prayers and I can only wish each and all of you the best as well as your caregivers I know its hard but from the caregiver point of view we do it out of love and careing no matter what it takesI will be the first to admit that it gets tough at times but the reason to stay remain the same so no matter what dont give up every moment counts

Thank you everyone

Today was the funeral it was a beautiful service it was very difficult to say goodbye but I guess she is in better hands now and hopefully she is living free of her body that slowly left her over the years

Ross -

What a beautiful message, full of wisdom hard won. I am sorry for your loss but confident that your mother has left this world a wonderful legacy in you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Liz

For Ross

Dear Ross and Family, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Fondly, Beebe

Ross, please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. It must be hard to shift gears after all this time of being so close to her as her caregiver. Your experience and knowledge is appreciated by many people here. Holly

My friend has been diagnosed with PLS

Hi everyone .. Sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. It is hard to lose a parent! I lost my Dad 2.5 years ago, and I still find it hard. This is my first time participating in a forum such as this (not even sure I am doing this right). Recently, my friend was diagnosed with PLS. She is single (her husband died many years ago) and is declining rapidly. I have done some limited research on the internet on PLS .. and, not sure what to expect. It sounds like this disease affects everyone a little differently. My friend cannot walk, or use her left hand, is having difficulty speaking and I think it is affecting her ability to swallow -- she is coughing alot. She is going in for a swallow test in a couple of weeks. I was wondering whether there is some one in this forum who would be available to talk with me about their experiences. I want to help my friend, but am finding there are alot of challenges. Thanks for any help you can give.:!:

Hi Pat. Welcome and just wanted to say what a great friend you are for trying to help your friend. Not wanting to hijack Ross's thread but if you go to mdausa.org there is a chat feature as well as a chapter finder. Friends are welcome at most sites and there may be a group near you. Also we have members in Ca. so they might jump in too. Hopefully in a new thread.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back