Not open for further replies.

Cvbased

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Within the past two weeks, I noticed that pencils are getting weird to hold as well as my hand just being generally clumsy. It is even a chore to just grab a chicken wing. My hands get stiff and cramp at least 4 times a day. My gait and balance are also well off, I’m not the same as I used to be. While looking at my hand I noticed my thenar muscle is atrophied and stings/burns. My body and limbs are also very heavy and I pretty much stay in bed all day. The cramps are just unbelievable, it hurts to my bone. I’m lost at what to do, I want to see a neurologist but it will take a month. The wait will kill me. I’m absolutely dead inside.

Hi, please read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

I'm going to be frank with you, you have come to a forum that exists to support people who have been diagnosed with ALS and their loved ones and caregivers. You have already apparently diagnosed yourself based on things that are not associated with ALS (read the link please) and decided you are going to tell everyone using extremely hyperbolic language that your life is over. I'm going to assume you are a dramatic person in real life and you are not quite recognizing how telling a bunch of strangers who are actually dying that you are dead inside is wildly inappropriate and very insensitive.

Please seek appropriate medical care- and if you are diagnosed with ALS by an actual medical professional, you may post your test results. Until then, please don't post again as you don't seem to sense what is appropriate, nor can anyone provide you with the type of care that you have come here looking for. We answer basic questions about ALS here and provide support, real practical support about daily issues surrounding ALS, to those who have been touched by MND.

999.99% sure it's not ALS. You just described my symptoms, but I am 1000% sure it's because I'm 62 years old and have arthritis. Have a hunch something else is going on…

I am so sorry guys I didn’t mean it like that. I appreciate all of you I’m just not in a good place right now. I was driving earlier and every muscle in my body hurt it was like a flare. What else could it be?

It's not really our place to speculate about what might cause you your pain- there can be so many reasons. Really do read the link you were given- it explains a lot. This forum is specifically for ALS, so your doctor is the best place to go to get answers about what might be wrong. They can examine you, and then based on their clinical findings figure out the direction to take with regards to testing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back