Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Emerald
1 year ago today, we lost our matriarch of our family. Our Sweet, Sweet Ann, Abbas Child, was released and given her wings. Please take a minute and post something special about our Sweet Ann.

I was in the nursing home and did not find out until much later. I remember my daughter reading me the post. As much as I wanted to, I could not cry. Ann was a devoted Christian and I knew where she was, gave me comfort knowing that she was with Her Lord and Savior. She left behind a wonderful husband, Annie's Phil, father and 2 brothers. I know she greets everyone in heaven as she did so here at the forum.

Truly a gift from God!

That's a beautiful and meaningful tribute Toto. Thank you.

I came along several months after Ann's passing, but I've read all of her posts many times, and I feel as though I know her. Her caring, gentle, insightful, good humoured, informed and sensitive words have helped me enormously.

Phil, your prayerful thread inspires and sustains me, everyday. It's always my first stop. Thank you.

I have no doubt that Annie watches over all of us here.

She was my second friend here and I miss her very much. She was always full of sweetness and grace. God was her solace and guide always. I'll never forget her.

She was a wonderful person who reached out to others and lived her faith, hour by hour, and day by day. Hers was a powerful voice, as well as a gentle one, and that voice continues to inspire and help others, including my family.

Like Elaine I joined the forum after Ann's passing and thus encountered her posts in the marathon read-aloud rather than day by day; I was, and remain, immensely grateful to her for her wisdom and her charity...

Toto, thanks for posting a remembrance of Ann.

For me, Ann helped me see it was time to give up teaching. She was so understanding, helpful and funny. We also shared many funny dog stories!

Ann & Barry were the 1st people to welcome me here. I have to believe they're both in a better place now.

Ann was an incredible person and the world is a little sadder without her here. During a dark time for me she was a light and like all of you I miss her. I hope that she found the place she believed in and is enjoying a glass of wine looking down on us now.

Take care Ann, I miss you,

Jeff

I remember waking up early that morning and knew she had passed even before it was posted... I think she came and said goodbye to me, and I felt honored.

Ann became my sister we never had... both of us had only brothers. We shared many confidential moments, and she was always full of grace and self-deprecating humor in her posts. Truly an angel, though she never would apply that term to herself. Until we meet again Annie!

Our Annie was one of those rare gentle souls who always was a peace maker for the forum. She gave from herself with her comments--she never phrased anything as giving advice but there was always so much wisdom in her words. I found she always read between the lines with what we wrote, and would send such nice messages when she sensed we were troubled. I always felt God's presence when she was here and communicating. I am a bit like Helen in I felt she was gone--when she died I felt so empty and it was as though a light had gone out in my life. Kimberley thanks for starting this thread.
Laurel

Thanks to everyone for remembering and speaking so kindly of my dear Annie. I can tell you that the kindness, encouragement, comfort, friendliness, and sympathy which she exuded was the natural result of her deep and abiding love that she had for everyone here. She truly loved you all, and with a love she learned from her greatest teacher, Jesus Christ. It was a love defined as having such a profound desire for the good of someone else that she was willing to do whatever God had put in her power to do to achieve that good, without reservation. And living with the reality of that kind of love made her a truly joyful person.

In a very real way you all became part of our family during the last, most difficult years of Annie's stay upon this earth. And no doubt that made those years much easier and meaningful than they would have been had Annie not met you all here. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

She often related to me her prayer requests on behalf of those whom she met here. She was genuinely concerned about the concerns of others. And hers wasn't a fleeting or casual concern, for love isn't fleeting or casual.

And she would also share the humor as well. I always got a jovial daily update on the forum follies, PZ's Pub, and what was going on with the tea drinkers. I can still see the laughter on her face and hear the chuckle in her voice as she was telling me.

And she was much more concerned about the impact of her illness on me than on her.

I also want to thank you all for thinking so kindly toward me. It has been a great comfort.

Abundant grace and peace to you all. You are still greatly loved.

Last edited:
Noone could ever replace Annie on the forum, she and a few others made you love this forum...And feel so welcome..

she won me over also...a lovely warm person.......johnny

I can still feel her smile And when I think of her I smile.

I wish I had known her but I will read her posts and so I shall.

Thanks, Toto's Dorothy, for your post . I followed Abbas Child's most helpful comments following my initial diagnosis. She certainly helped me when I knew absolutely nothing about ALS. I can't sufficiently express my appreciation to those wonderful people preceding us who helped so many of us in our battle with ALS. God bless Abbas Child, and the legion of others who are no longer with us.

her kind and strong guidness , big heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back