Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky, you have been an inspiration to me in your amazing efforts to get Matt out to do the things he loved. I am so sorry you are dealing with this now. You and Matt are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

There is no greater gift once can give to the person they love most than a peaceful passing filled with love. If Matt upstages you, then he is giving you a gift.

You have me otherwise speechless, so much love to you Becky xxx

Becky, Sue and anyone else wondering if you have the strength to remove the mask/interface and stop the machine -- if you are strong enough to wonder, you are strong enough to do it.

I only say this because I agree from experience that it would give you some measure of peace to be those "last hands" fulfilling his last request, the hands that have fulfilled so many, all for him. It is part of giving that "last, best gift."

Best,
Laurie

Becky,

You, Matt, and your family are in my prayers.

I am glad that Matt was able to make his wishes known in time so that you don't have any ambiguity about what he wants.

Steve

Becky,

Sending you thoughts of strength. And hope you are both surrounded in love, comfort, and peace as you and Matt finish this journey together.

Kate

I’m glad I turned up in time to hold this space for you and Matt. Life is a god awful thing, isn’t it? I love you. I love you. I love you. That’s what I will be thinking when I say your name over the next few days and weeks.

Jennifer.

Becky, your strength and love for Matt is incredible. Taking the time you have to share with us throughout this journey has been beyond inspiring. You and Matt are both my heroes and will be forever.

Love & Peace,

Mary

Day Five and it's been a whirlwind.

I was strong through most of Sunday. We started with just our four children and I, and the nursing and hospice staff, in the room when I removed Matt's vent. Two hours later I opened the room to his father and siblings. If anyone wants the details of how things go, please PM me. I just can't do it here.

I miss him terribly, but I'm at peace. I know it was time and I feel like he is free. I'm already starting to remember the strong man I married, rather than what ALS did to him. I've found that being around people he knew before is helping with that.

Matt wanted a viewing and visitation followed by a service in the church he grew up in, so Friday night and Saturday we will welcome friends and family.

Our kids have been rocks. I'm so fortunate. My brain can handle only one thing at a time right now, and each new thing takes awhile to bubble it's way past the numbness and into the light.

Becky

Becky - thank you for the update. Praying peace and calm for you as you work through this week.

Hugs,

Becky, thinking of you and glad you have peace during this difficult time. Kate

Sending wishes for strength and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back