Search results

  1. D

    Compensation and Pension (C&P) exam for an increase SMC payment

    Veterans with ALS need to know that in order to get their special monthly compensation (SMC) increased as their condition worsens they will need to get a Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ) filled out by a doctor of your choice or submit for a C&P exam arranged by the VA. My recent...
  2. D

    Veterans with ALS need to do these things

    I would tell all veterans that deal with the VA and have been diagnosed with ALS to do the following. 1. Get with the Paralyzed Veterans Association (PVA). Let the PVA fight the VA for you. When I was diagnosed with ALS at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL the ALS Association...