S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Happy to say she is back at home now recovered from her infection!! =) We have a physiothearapist who comes once a week to help her move and massage her (My moms has full paralysis and is on feeding tube through nose) Sooo..my question is, not really a question..but is it rare like for your husband to live for 12 years fully reliant on the vent? I've been reading stuff on the web and it says like 1-2 years only...=(

Can you share some of your experiences with me, like how you communicated, daily things, your husbands experiences...anything...would help me so much as i want my mom to live to her fullest and happiest!! Thank you Stanly! Hugs from Hong Kong!!!
    Hi Stanly, My mom has been on the vent through a trach for a bit over a year and a half now. She's been doing well, but for the past few months (colder weather here in HK) she's been getting some infections. The last trip the Dr freaked me out and said that my moms left lower lung has a mucous plug and has collapsed and told us to be prepared. I was really upset but still wasn't ready to be ready...

cont'd next post...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back