indigosd
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Kay Marie. Fact is, I always stay up way too late and get up way too early. Lifelong habit that only got worse when Liz got sick. Now I find I can't sleep as long as I should. The days lately have been much brighter, both weather-wise and deep in my head. Stages of grief I think. I'm just giving in to it, that seems to be working for me.
    Hey Girl! Did you have a good time???? Did you find the big glass smoking room in the SFO airport? I am in AZ with my parents having a wonderful time. It's in the 80's today. Lots of going to lunch and dinner. Dads doing okay. Wow, it was kinda weird having you gone. Felt like Mama's on vacation, how are we going to handle ourselves??? Hahaha....Hugs, Kari
    Welcome back, we have missed you! I hope that you had a good trip and visit and that spring has come to your part of the prairie.
    Hi there, I missed you... You are surely needed on this forum everyday...Please don't ever go away for long??? How is your daughter and baby doing? I hope you had a wonderful visit, Hug to you today, Linda
    Hey, now that you're back home, South Dakota can again qualify as a state. They better take that healthcare vote quick. Hope everything went well. I'll send you a chapter very soon.--J.
    OMG! I'm having an anxiety attack over the behavior of people on this website. I am so shocked and heartbroken. Please send the monkeys. Much spanking is needed. :|
    Well hi there Kay Marie! I've been off taking care of some family business. Tusen takk for the prairie hugs, I'll send some warm sunshine up for you. I've been fine, but my pals broke his hand (in a fall) :-(

How are you doing?

Laurie ^_^
    Hey so how did SFO go??? Did ya have fun? Did you find the smoking room in SFO? Glad you are back!
    Kay - yes we came home a week ago thursday. Not really home as we have moved in with my sister in law about an hour away. She had been caring for the twins and has a home more suited for a wheel chair. Things have been okay. the money the nursing staff charges is amazing though! in two weeks we have spent 15K on nursing staff. We are trying to sell our home but with the market where it is that could take a while. No real medical issues so far though. and Jen is loving having the kids around everyday. a little emotional not being able to hold them when they fall or give them a big hug, but they are not shy about climbing up in bed with her and giving her a big smooch! Hopefully we can get a van in the near future and eleviate some of her "trapped" feelings.

How are things in SD? Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Dave
    Hope you have a wonderful time.... Thanks for taking the time to email me... It really helps so much to know you care .. Big Hugs, Linda
    Hi, thank you for your message, the reason for my posting name is on our holiday i told my then boyfriend now husband he had treated me like a princess, his reply was you are my princess and so it stuck/In answer to your question my husband has an appointment to see the neurologist 24 march2010, I am looking forward to it but also dreading it at the same time. His Fasciculations are getting worse, he chokes at least once a day on his cup of tea, and has lost more than 10 pounds in weight in the past 3 months, I am trying to keep him as happy and as calm as possible as he gets agitated easily, he still drops things daily and trips up the stairs, god help him he is a wonderful husband but he drives me mad inside, i know its not him doing all the stupid things its whatever he has got, Do not even get a good nights sleep any more as he jerks and twitches all night he has even hit me in the face a couple of times so now i sleep with my back to him, so i am marking the days off, bev
    Hi, Rich n I just got to my sones in Denver. So tomorrow I go to the Pulmonary Dr. for that test.. then I am going to play and not think about Thursday morning until Thursday... lol I will think of all my good friends and thanks for helping me along.. I said this before, I am not so worried about the peg as I am about being at this point in my progression.... Hugs, Linda
    Thanks for asking about my brother, I spent a week with him in Michigan the end of January. He seems content to "stay in the moment" and feels his ALS has "plateaued". His attitude is good, and his bulbar region is the only area affected, plus just a bit of weakness in his left arm. I met his neuro who is Dr. Newman @ Henry Ford in Detroit. Seems like a real good doc. VA approved 100 percent disability - he received his first check already. We were concerned after all the battles I've read about. Not sure when he'll be moving, he wants to stay in his own home which he loves as long as he can. Hope all is well with your husband and your family.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back