C
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• @Cmh89 hi, just wanted to reach out to say I am finding myself in the similar situation to yours. I am 36, just given birth to a lovely baby but my world has been shattered as my health went downhill fast. Very similar symptom to yours, weight loss, muscle bulk loss, fatigue, trouble with some tasks requiring dexterity.
    W
    Wobblyheart
    I can relate so much to that. And I know what you mean wanting cancer instead etc. well I only have seen a general neuro so I guess there are still many options on the table. I want none of those as worried that muscular dystrophy can be passed on to my son. He is already shows delays in gross motor skills at 6 month and I just want to wake up from this nightmare as I am sure you do too
    W
    Wobblyheart
    Sometimes I manage to enjoy a couple of hours staying in the present and pretending nothing is wrong but then it just overwhelms me. Just know that I know what you feel. I know it doesn’t help but you are not alone.
    C
    Cmh89
    My youngest will be 7 months tomorrow. I feel sick thinking about them growing up without me. So that overwhelming feeling is familiar. You still have the possibility of a normal EMG ahead of you, so hold on to that hope!
    Hello:

I have been following your thread. I was wondering if your NCS/EMG results were inadvertently overlooked, as a timely reply seems to be the typical response. I hope your MRI results reveal a treatable condition.

I felt compelled to pray for you and your children a few days ago. I wish you peace in the storm.

April
    Reactions: Cmh89
    W
    Wobblyheart
    I love the prospect of a mystery mule, and hopefully the one that can be tamed!
    Reactions: Cmh89
    C
    Cmh89
    @April E you’re right, I wouldn’t say I really have emotional lability. I am of course stressed about this situation but not laughing/crying/angry at inappropriate times. My cheeks/tongue/jaw/and lips are stiff and making speech difficult…I seem to have random spasms in my jaw and cheeks. I don’t think it’s stress related because it never goes away at all. Hoping for the best for all of us!
    W
    Wobblyheart
    Does just crying a lot count? I guess it’s not emotional lability but just being emotional because this is so scary…..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back