C
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Cate
    I hate to take a tread too far off it's original thought. Yes, I think everyone in the St. Louis area as at least heard of Echert's farm. And I have many friends who go there regularly. I thik I saw a short segment on the local show called Living in St. Louis that highlighted the farm. Looked like a great family business. Hope you have a great trip with perfect weather. Jim
    Oh Cate, you are an awesome mother for anticipating the needs of your children. It stinks that they (and you) have to go though this. They're just kids. This disease is terrible for everyone involved.

At least we've got each other. I'm glad you found us! ^_^ Laurie
    Hi Cate,

I've been much better actually. I went to see my neurologist to have my anti-seizure medication dosage changed and I talked to him about my voice issues. He actually gave me a brief but thorough physical and had a look at my tongue and said everything looked fine except for a few bone structure issues, but I've had those all my life. I think I'm finally starting to get over my anxiety about this.

I hope that you are doing well as well.

Thanks a lot for asking

-Colin
    Hi Cate, thanks for your message! My PALS is a friend of mine, who lives here with no family members around. We are still working the SSDI/insurance maze, and he is doing well so far in terms of progression. He theoretically is a patient at the Orlando MDA Clinic, although we never seem to get an appointment.

I came to this forum at first for information, but it's proven to be INVALUABLE for emotional support. What a wonderful group of people here. We are truly blessed.

How are things going for you?

Laurie
    thank you, dear Cate. Things getting better as I have today got a prpescription for a hospital bed, a wonderful armchair and a lightweight push chair. Feel like a millionaire...........
    How are YOU and how are you copinbg. My carer says things like he needs air, needs sapce, and I get all paranoid but then I think of all t=you CALS and how true dit must be. We all th_ink we are model patients but of course it cannot be so.

Garden beginning to burgeon and purples and yellows striling out all over the place. Lovely!
    Thank you for thinkning.
    I really have felt at rock bottom a few times lately. Love you and yours and all of us together here
    Nice to meet you too. It's hard to believe more PALS don't come from this heavily populated area
    Thank you Cate, it is wonderful to have friends out there who really care and understand this whole big[Huge] journey we are all traveling on.... Take care .. Hugs, linda
    Cate, thanks for the kind words (but I'm definitely not brilliant!). I do have a university degree in geography that I got when I went back to school at 43 after 22 years as a partsman for a diesel engine distributor. My time at university was the best time I ever had, interacting with smart young students and professors who were my age. That experience really helped my writing skills and taught me that learning is a life-long process, you are never too old to learn and if you shut your mind down then the body will follow. Well in my case my body is shutting down before my mind so it shows you what I know! Before I retired last year I worked as a wildlife technician and geographic information systems analyst for my wife's wildlife consulting company, a job with the right balance of field and office work.
    hi cate and wecome to the forum......praying for you and your husband and kiddos......i know how hard this is and you are not alone......sorry you need to be here at all though
    Hi Cate,
    I saw your posts and just wanted to touch base. I live in Miami, and my husband is in the process of being diagnosed. I completely understand the anxiety of telling your kids!!! If your husband has any noticeable symptoms, I'd just start with those...for my 8 year old son, he knows daddy's muscles get weak fast, and that he can't do as many physical things as he used to, but we've not put a name to it...partly because the FORMAL ALS diagnosis is still not there...(I'm still hoping for an alternative-just not expecting it)
    Anyway, welcome to the forum. You will find incredible people here. The folks here, never cease to amaze me with their courage and grace with how they LIVE with this disease.
    Feel free to contact me if you ever want.
    Peace,
    Melody
    Holly, thank you so much for your thoughts. I have learned so much from this Forum alone , which was a tremendous help...........and hope, I have plenty of ! Blessings, Cate
    Hi Cate,

Well I am by no means an expert but, from what I understand ALS is never confined to one area. It may not progress quickly but, always does progress in time. My mother had only bulbar symptoms for about 2 years before it then moved on to her arms etc. I hope this helps some. I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. It isn't fun, but make sure to stay informed and try to keep some hope.

Love,
    Holly
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back