lgelb
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Laurie, tx for your help on my thread. As an update, my dad's Trilogy machine has now been replaced with another machine: Oricare V8600. Ever since he has been shifted to this new machine, he isn't feeling comfortable breathing even with the same settings. Idk how to PM, this is the closest I could get to PMing you. Please let me know if I should share the current settings here with other details re my father?
    P
    Pooja Dhamor
    As an update, basis what you taught me on my thread, I increased his breath rate from 16 per minute to 18 pm. He is feeling better. In hindsight, I feel stupid for panicking.
    Hi. I’m sorry to bother. You commented on my recent post regarding mri findings and I saw it was deleted. I highly respect your opinion on things.. I apologize to cause any offense or annoyance, but I was curious on what your thoughts on my mri were.
    Hi Laurie,
    I'm working on setting my own bipap up, my question concerns the inspiration pressure versus expiration pressure and the collapse of my airway during the inhale. Any lower than 8.5 on the exhalation pressure and my airway collapses and I have to open my mouth, is there something I'm missing? I am currently set at 8.5 epap/12 ipap. Older system one respironics unit
    Steve
    HI Laurie

My Mom is on a Trilogy machine and is having issues with breathing with it. Can you PM me with help with her settings?
    Thank you! :)
    Hi Laurie,
    I'm looking for a ventilator vs BiPAP machine for my sister which do you think is the way to go keeping in mind few points :
    -She will never be trached
    -We will get it out of our pocket
    -She rarely if ever leaves the home.
    If your answer is BiPAP machine which specific one you recommend ? I mean what is the best out there regardless of the money factor ?Thanks
    Hey, Laurie. Thanks for replying to my post. I feel a lot better now after reading. I guess I do have anxiety. Going to see a therapist/doctor about it soon. I wish you the absolute best. You’re really amazing. Thank you again for helping me calm my anxiousness.
    Hey I don't know to respond to conversations on this website. I'm knew and he hasn't full got diagnosed as the doctor is making us wait over 2 months for a specific ALS doctor
    Hi, sorry to bother you, but I have one quick request.

I use this username on a lot of sites, and it's quite easy to find out who I am with a quick google search.
    Is it possible for you to change my username? Kinda don't want any future employers to see my health anxiety meltdown, and so on.

Don't bother doing it if it's a lot of work.
    Laurie, I could use your help re a couple of things. I have been using an AVAPS for about 4 years, switched to a Trilogy(in AVAPS mode) about 1 year ago. During the night, the IPAP will go up to its set limit of 25 cm H2O, do I need to raise the limit or leave it as it stands? The other problem is that when it gets towards the limit, I start to get a lot of mask leaks. I have tried numerous masks and adjustments
    Hi Laurie i hope you are doing ok, healthy, happy/ I hope you keep safe. Are you aware of any connection about Herpes Zoster and ALS? Mum had it before she got sick and now my sister got it and we are terrified/. I know, i know, i am tiring you, but sometimes i feel you guys are the only ones i can talk to about my fears. I miss you.
    Hi there, im not sure im sending you a msg properly. I noticed you mention your husband had frail arm. Can you tell me how it progressed? And if it turned into classic als?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back