rose
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hey Rose,
    In 1987 I was flying from Hartford to Savannah with a stop-over in Newark. After departing Newark, the flight attendant asked me if I'd like something to drink, and looking up I recognized a girl I'd graduated from high school with. Her name was Anne Asai. Like you she married a pilot and her name now is Anna (she changed it to Anna) Freshwater.
    It was hilarious to recognize each other since our paths hadn't crossed in 17 years.
    I don't remember the airline now, but after reading in your post that your hubby is a pilot, I thought I'd share this funny story with you and ask if you know her.
    Take care,
    Jane
    Thanks Rose.
    My dad loved jokes too and is one of the reasons I have a wacko sense of humor. I'm grateful.
    I think with regard to your job, your departure from it has everything to do with what's going on with you now. It's not something you chose to give up because you were tired of it. It essentially was taken from you because your health limits you now and that makes it especially painful. Alot of our identity has to do with the work we do and illness can force a new, very unwelcome identity on us. It sucks!
    Take care, Rose. Have a good 4th of July!
    Jane
    Rose,
    I love off-color jokes and yours posted on 7/1 were so funny and you told them so well! Thanks for the laughs.
    Good luck with all you're going through, and I think you did the right thing to go on disability, but I'm sorry for you that it isn't more a relief than a sad departure from something you've loved doing.
    I wish you all the best, Rose.
    Jane
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back