Bigshawn44
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Hey man. I’m really sorry for what you’re going through. I’m sure it’s all a big shock. I’m in a very similar situation to you, with lower motor neuron/PMA issues. Do you mind if I ask how long it took from symptom onset to you getting a diagnosis of PMA? Also, what were your first symptoms in which you knew something was wrong? Lastly, did your twitching start in a wide-spread manner (like all over your body)?
    Bigshawn44
    Bigshawn44
    Hello
    I keep typing responses but it will not let me send what I want saying it’s too long. I’ve tried condensing it but nothing. So I’m going to give short description. Starting in my legs with no other issues. Over next year progess to diminish swallowing and breathing. Took about 2 years of progression to diagnosed ALS. If u like u can DM me.
    F
    Fasciculation1
    Thanks for your reply. So, your twitching just started in your one leg? Is that where your atrophy started too? How many EMGs did you have to get before they were able to diagnose you?
    Bigshawn44
    Bigshawn44
    no everything started in both calves. I had a total of 4 EMG before they didn't have to do anymore. But that's not a test that tells them you have ALS it took that and all other symptoms. But for me the most important information was found on a muscle biopsy.
    Well I was diagnosed in December as PMA and April 2 2020 I was diagnosed with ALS. I am being scheduled to start radicava and riluzole at the same time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back