S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Of course its depressing, but you can't let that bring you down. You have to stay positive. I was the caregiver for my mom in 2014, it was hard, but her and me both stayed so positive and I do the same with my dad...lol, it still give him shit for being lazy, I make him do some exercises, and do laps around the condo...I know I am the drill sergeant around here.
    It is what it is and you and me can not change it, because holy shit if I could I so would....Just breathe Josie and stay strong....

Carla, PS read post 3 first...lol, I typed too much and I couldn't post, so there is three postings...
    What does your dad eat and drink, since he is having problems? What does his breathing sound like? Has he had a breathing test done yet? How old is your dad? My dad can still talk as well, but I can notice the softness in his voice and hoarseness as he is getting tired.
    Hi Josie
    My dad is getting really slow...right arm sometimes doesn't want to work, as in feeding himself, but yet he can still use it to write. His right hip is done, he can not lift it, and its getting hard for him to get out of chairs. He uses his walker and that is taking a longer to getting from point A to B. So far he can breathe, although he is now borderline COPD, we have another breathing test on January 15 at the General Hospital in Regina. He can still swallow. We will be probably up to Saskatoon in late winter or early spring to see the decline since August.
    Hi Carla,
    This forum is kind of confusing to me... I'm pretty good on computers but new to forums - sorry for not responding. How are you guys doing? How's your Dad? Mine is declining (breathing & swallowing) but doing ok so far in that he can still talk and walk a bit. We've found the ALS clinic to be very helpful but also very depressing for Dad, and me& his girlfriend, to get hard numbers on his decline... anyway, just wanted to check in with you. Josie
    We were just at the ALS clinic up there in Saskatoon...it was a good experience, now I feel like I have people to turn to and ask questions.
    Shitty is so right. We just got a referral to the ALS clinic in Saskatoon. I am looking forward to it, although that does sound awful ( looking forward to something that is taking my dads life away), only because there is nothing down here for support. Hope all is going ok with you guys....I gotta go back and read what you posted....
    Hi Carla, so sorry I missed your message. Im new to forums and didnt know it was here. How are you guys doing? I just posted in Newly Diagnosed with a littke update. I hope things are ok for you guys. What a shitty thing, this ALS...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back