texastc
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• #1. I totally get the lake being your 'happy' place. I started fishing when I was three and spent every moment I could at the lake, beach, and or ocean. I have been fishing in some wonderful lakes including Mount Hood.

I took classes and received my diving certification, five years ago. My best friend and I have been diving a few times and even dove the Cenotes (caves) in Mexico. When I am feeling down...I have to find water even if it is a bathtub (lol). A Margarita and a fishing pole can do more for my stress than any med can.

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with the heartbreak of losing your wife and best friend. Its good to know that you are staying busy, going to the lake and have good friends. Isolating ourselves can be so tempting at times. I don't know what I would do without my friends and family. They remind me that I will have a life after this monster takes so much from me.
    I am glad you have children near by and good single friends that understand. Just be careful if you decide to play the online dating game. There are a lot of nuts out there. Lol.

Thanks for checking on me. Have a great week
    Its nice to hear you were at the lake enjoying the beautiful weather. I so love being at the lake and miss it.

You are right about being single. My best friend lost her husband 7 years ago and the dating scene is terrible with so many players. I am very glad I have great friends and am very independent.

Steve had clinic this week. His breathing has been a major issue for him. I was so upset that I stayed up the entire night crying and screaming inside head. I was so upset for yhe many couples I seen there. I hate this damn disease amd I cant stand watching others living with the cruelty of it all.

I spent last night at my friends lake house with four cals and we went to the state fair today. I bungee jumped and lived it. It was so high up and the drop was crazy but I am sort of a dare devil. It was nice to get out and laugh a little after a rough week. It helps to remind me that I will be able to have a life after this is all over. Steve wants that for me.
    Hi TC, I just wanted to pop in and see how you are doing. I know the past week has been rough so I wanted you to know you are in my thoughts. By the way, that's a great Bass catch.
    Thanks TC. I had no idea you and Tracy went to went to Dr Heitzsman. We do love everyone at clinic and Dr Heitzsman. The only issues we have is with referrals and their ordering his equipment. I hope you atr doing well. I am back to my joyful self. The weekend is here, going out shopping and dinner with my bestie. Thanks for your support and have a wonderful weekend.
    Hey TC, I can't believe that you and tracey were just two weeks after me and Lonny. I didn't realize it was so quick--I was probably not paying much attention at that point. we will get thru this my friend. tracey was a good and strong woman and you are a strong man. hang in there

Hey that is a big fish in that picture!!
    Thanks so much. I can only imagine how hard it is to come here. I guess sometimes it is just better to take a break from the constant reminders of the battle. I also think we are lonely when away from here for to long. Its a crowd of people you feel normal in. I know how crazy that sounds but its true. I do not feel like I can share my struggles with all of this anywhere but here.

Remember I am also here anytime you want to talk.
    Good to hear from you too. I am doing ok. I have my days/moments for sure...but pressing forward best as I can. Being alone sucks. I never dreamed it would be ...like it is. Tracy and I always did our own thing....never knew how much I needed/depended on the camaraderie. I didn't think I would ever even consider needing anyone else...now I don't know. Aloneness is hard. Gives me a whole new appreciation for my single friends.ahahah...and I've told em that too!
    I am much better now that I am hearing from you. I think about you often and hope you are doing ok.

I am hanging in there. Bad days and good days but Steve does his best to remain positive and I try to follow suit.
    yep I see me there in your friend list - I was very surprised we hadn't done that before lolol :)
    Thinking of you today and missing Tracy along with you. She was such a bright spot here. Hoping the love and sweet memories you've shared over all your years together warm your day in a special way today.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back