anderkling
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Charlene! Just read your post in the pals roll call. I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip! What a beautiful place to spend hubby's birthday!
    I was a bit worried about the traveling part, but that sounds like it was awesome! !
    God bless, Janelle x
    Hi Anderkling!
    I'm just ordering Lunasin and would love to keep in touch and compare notes as we walk down this path of hope! Are you on Facebook?
    Hi Charlene, how is your foot healing? Well I hope.
    I still can't get my wedding ring back on after my fall in April, and my left hand is my good hand!
    My balance is really feeling the affects of the winter we are having...I hope the summer brings some relief for you.
    God bless, Janelle x
    Hi Charlene, I trust your new found freedom is going well?!
    I hope your ankle is on the road to recovering the best it can.
    I just wanted to let you know that while you sleep later, Connor is getting confirmed! When I post some pics I will let you know.
    God bless, Janelle x
    Oh Charlene - I didn't see this message until today. Thanks for replying :)
    Well I can say that the relationship was not that long - it was an old friend and we tried dating although it didn't work. So I think for the most part, it's just being...single. I am a member of AA - have been now for about 20 years. So I did have friends in that fellowship I can turn to. I am starting to reach out though, and tell more people about this because you are right: I can't handle this on my own. I have a house now, and it terrifies me to think of what might happen in the future. My biggest fear is well....being put away in a home. I am 41 years old and just can't picture it. I don't know - I have felt very alone over the past few weeks....there are times I can put it aside, other times I'm right into it. I appreciate your thoughts, Charlene. It does help.
    Barry
    Hi Charlene. Just read you've had a bad few days symptom wise...my heart goes out to you my dear friend.
    You and Peter are in my prayers.
    God bless
    Hi Charlene. Haven't seen you lately, hope everything is ok at the moment?
    I have just been trying to explain my letter to my mother in law today...depressed all over again!
    Oh well, tomorrow is another day!
    God bless, Janelle x
    Hi Charlene.
    I still do a very small amount of volunteer work in the library I worked at prior to onset (put books away, label books, stamp books, chat!!). I go Wednesday mornings for two reasons, first there are no kids in the library first thing (I don't stress about falling over as much) and there is mass at the church there at 10.30 on a Wednesday. Today we prayed for everyone dealing with Nepal.
    No matter how bad things seem, there is unfortunately, so many more people to pray for. God bless, Janelle x
    Charlene, lovely to 'meet' you! Yes we are Catholics...me very recently.
    I grew up Anglican, Wayne is the one who grew up in a Catholic family. We were married in the Anglican Church, and our children are baptised Catholic.
    A few things happened in the Anglican Church (mainly involving a minister who's Faith practices didn't sit right with me) that made me feel distanced from God. As Wayne and I had continued to practice both religions, I knew I felt right at home in the Catholic Church, I 'belonged'. So, after many discussions with Father Brenton and my dear, dear friend Sister Monica (RIP) I knew that God was calling me...14th Dec 2013 I made the switch and felt renewed in the Lord.
    Thank you so much Charlene for letting me know you are Catholic, a beautiful, wonderful thing to have in common considering the 'other' thing we have in common!
    I am still waiting for final diagnosis, though.
    May God continue to bless this friendship as we continue our journey.
    God bless, Janelle x
    Hi Charlene, welcome to the forum, although I wish you didn't have to be. Our faith has brought us through so much, and our church family has been amazing. We live in Salmon Arm in the Shuswap, and although it is some distance from the larger centres we do very well. My nurses training is a great help, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you would like I would not mind giving you our number through private messaging. I am not on the forum much these days, as I am my husbands sole care giver 24/7. We were blessed that we could afford to build a home that makes caring for my husband quite doable. Again thanks for dropping a line.

Paulette
    I forgot to add, that I'm very tired too. Let's both rest when we need to and keep our eyes, heart, and trust on Him and in Him!
    Thanks for checking up on me Charlene...I appreciate it! We went to Florida for a few days. We had nonrefundable airline tickets from a cruise that we cancelled. Though we had a nice time, it was very clear to us that we had made the right decision in cancelling the cruise. I got to visit my sister, but had to be pushed in the wheel chair to get to most places and see things. It's all progressing so fast. It has my husband panicked. I go to the clinic on March 13th, so hopefully we'll get some good support and advice of what we need to be doing. I'm sad about it all...not scared, but somewhat anxious about how it will all play out. I'm thinking about you and you are always in my prayers. Let me know how you're doing. God bless you...Audrey
    Hi Charlene. I just wanted you to know that I continue to pray for you several times a day. It's really great to meet one of my eternal sisters in Christ. And what a day it's going to be when our Lord returns and we are all together with Him - forever. I thought you might find these verses encouraging:

"Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory." (Col 3:1-4)

May His grace and peace abound to you.
    -Phil
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back