D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• hi Sherry, my name is pat. i read a post of yours stating your husband was in a lot of pain for his last two months. may i ask why he was in pain? i have much physical pain
    Sherry, I hope your daughter is ok.
    The rest of your week seemed pretty good, awesome about jesse shaving his head...what a fantastic bloke!
    God bless, Janelle x
    Sherry,
    Posted an update - help! well, a cyber hug will do.... wanted your input if you feel up to it.
    I'm glad we are friends... xoxo Nancy
    I read your post about the foot rubs. Brought tears to my eyes, too!!
    My guy is very loving also. Sometimes I glance over at him and he is just smiling this gentle soft smile that comes straight from his spirit. We are lucky to have found such men. But question: HOW do you keep from crying??? I'm trying sooo hard but sometimes I just bust out into pools and puddles... I'm just so sad at times. He's my best friend, too so who else can I cry with? So many challenges in this new world we find ourselves in....
    Thinking of you Sherry - I'm here for you.
    >Max, thanks for all you do for Vets and PALS. Do you know of any site that clearly explains the process for Vets w/ALS? We've met Richard Thiede online and he's been very helpful but we can't keep bugging him. It would be enormously helpful if there were a single, moderated site that lead one thru the steps from day of diagnosed. For example Richard says my husband will get a free wheel chair modified van once approved but PVA says grant just under $20,000. Been to military sites, VA sites but no clear info that I can find.

are you working w/ pva? if not, go to them asap! the auto grant is more like $46k :-):-) -- I have been declined but it was a clerical error, hopefully resolved soon ...

are you on https://eauth.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal
    >You mention trying to buy house. Assuming VA Loan? Are you having difficulty with the VA regarding housing or loan?

hope not ... 2 weeks into application :)
    Hi Sherry - Oh boy! Found your two messages. I was excited. :)) ----(double chin, lol)

Firstly, Toby is NOT a vet.

I appreciated your great advise about acceptance but I'm still in and out of tears; accepting and then thinking NO WAY; up and down and definitely all around.

We are actively looking for a one story home altho' our current is livable on first floor alone with some modifications.

So much to think about. I have accomplished a lot - but Thursday is a big day... we get the second opinion: or as the Neuro put it, "Now that you have been diagnosed with ALS, it's my job to disprove it."
    ... Oh, if only....

Ciao for now, new friend.
    Hugz
    Nancy
    Hello, DreamsEnd.

I like your name. I came here about the same time you did - and under almost identical circumstances. Posting the question about 'being up to the job' is something I have considered countless times but I just couldn't do it. (I even feel inadequate to do THAT!! lol )

Perhaps I am more shy and I'm not much of a computer or forum person. No facebook or twitter accounts - not even a smart phone. I do admire your nice answers to people's thoughts - it shows me you are a very considerate woman and I'd like to be your friend.

Check our my two main posts: 6 days new; and progression of als. Since we are in the same boat - maybe we can row together.

Fondly, Nancy
    HI DREAMSEND...are you on face book...if so please msg RICHARD THIEDE he will help speed up your disability....I am USA-RET 4/1973....go by Pearshoot on forum....Jerry Fouts on face book
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back