Y
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Kinda. I went to the Emory ALS clinic on March 2nd and saw Dr. Glass, one of the best in the country. He and one of the neuromuscular fellows examined me and gave me a preliminary diagnosis of idiopathic brachial neuritis, otherwise known as Parsonage-Turner Syndrome. It normally remains unilateral, but I have symptoms in both arms now, so I guess we will see what he says at my follow-up appointment in June. Just trying to enjoy life and forget about things while I can.
    Hey there it has been a long time since I've talked to you. Anyway I saw the neurologist... He did emg of my left leg and arm, and states that all normal, then I had an mri, and I guess I have a semi herniated disc but it's not damaging my cord... But the twitching still persists, and my left side is so noticibly smaller than my right. I'm so concerned, but no one else seemed certain concerned because o have normal reflexes and no fasciculations were spotted on my emg. :/ I'm so confused. I know I should believe it. Because they neuro says so... But why are my legs and arms on my left side so noticibly smaller than my right?!?

Anyway, how have you been? Have you found answers?!
    ALS is not pain and aches. Please try and remember that. I've seen four neurologists and none can really pin point the issue. The last one suggested I see Dr Glass at Emory and he's the head of ALS clinic, but he still isn't concerned about ALS. I asked him his concern and he said its a 1-2 on a scale of 1-10. That being said I have hand weakness and atrophy noted in my appointments
    No worries, these people on the forums are going through something hopefully neither you and I have to. Anyways, to answer your question, the pain I have is related to my neck issues at the c4-5 levels. It has burning pain for the most part. Where my radiculopathy was traced, I dont have any pain...just weakness, twitching (intermittent) and atrophy of my thumb muscles. If pain is related to yours, that is a plus!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back