skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hey, Kim! Me, too. Just finished Christmas cards - we've been soooo tired. Pre-winter blahs perhaps. Thanks for updating me - and keeping in touch. I appreciate it greatly. : )) N.
    Yea those drugs are great. I am just like a baby...eat, sleep and well you know. Thanks for checking on me.
    Hey Kim, I found his post. I hope Beky just says, "No." Maybe CaptainPlanet will find the ALSTDI Forum... those folks will straighten him out right quickly.
    Kim, missed his post. No great loss. But... I see below you have triggered his sociopathic disorder he has been apparently confronted with himself by his doctors.

PS. Where did he post? I could use some amusement for a few minutes.
    You couldn't have read all of his posts because the ones that were abusive to other forum members got deleted. He basically threatened Max and AL with violence, and called them "douchebags". That is when I chimed in and told him what I thought of his punk ass! I am having a real bad week and it is very hard to tolerate TURDS like CP when you are suffering...rant over...................
    Thanks, Kim. I'm prone to melancholy since childhood so I know what a wrench in the works depression is. It's enough of a battle all by itself - never mind all these other balls to juggle. I wish you peace, Kim. Take Care of YOU... Nancy
    Hi Nancy,
    I'm doing ok. I just got back on antidresspant medicine. I'm prone to depression even without the face that my dad's has ALS. Plus, going through a legal separartion from my husband doesn't help things. My poor dad just got skin cancer removed off his face. He is one bruised up mess he said since he's on blood thinner and they didn't pull him off of it for the procedure. My sister is my dad's POA for his finances and legal matter. Then all three of us kids are his POA'S for his healthcare. I am pretty adamant that his wishes are followed such as know feeding tube or a vent. He will use a bi-pap though. I usually talk to my dad twice a day. Thank Goodness is voice is hanging in there so far. He has to talk slow. But, if he does he pretty undestandable unless he's tired. Take care ! Kim
    Hi Kim! Boy, we've just come through a few days in hell - things get so complicated dealing with insurance and equipment companies and then the doctors... I spent all of 2 afternoons on the telephone and said goodbye to all of them in tears. I'm too old for this - my damaged brain is making these tasks nearly impossible - but I do have tenacity so things do eventually get done. I just hope I can keep it going...
    And how are you my friend?
    Hugzzz xoxo Nancy
    We get none of those benefits. We have no van. The insurance denied the trilogy . Your dad is very lucky to have va
    Never said I had als, I was concerned about my symptoms, that is why I came here to get some advice from knowledgeable people. I'm not a troll, nor do I think this is a game. There have been countless individuals who were on this site expressing their fears and symptoms and unfortunately were diagnosed with this horrible disease. Also, I'm sure you know, people can have symptoms for several years before being diagnosed, I've talked to some. At the end of the day I take this seriously, you can believe me or not, but do us both a favor and just ignore my posts if and when I decide to ask any additional questions.
    Hi Kim,

Thanks for understanding, and you are absolute correct.
    Have an appointment with my primary physician tomorrow and a psychiatrist is definitely who I want to see after that.
    Have not been to a neurologist yet, don't know if I'll do that.
    You guys were very clear in letting me know I do not have ALS.
    Like you I really value their opinion and expertise, and yes Dr. Google is my worst enemy.
    I will log off and plan something nice for my class.
    Unknowing they have you to thank for that ;-)

Best to you and your loved ones, can't imagine what you're going through.
    Thanks again for taking the time!
    Hi there!
    You got me there, I'm sorry.
    I know what you guys told me, absolutely take that seriously.
    Twitching in both my calves since yesterday freaked me out, could this be a (new) sign?

Lot of Dutch websites say tightness & twitching are early symptoms (no mention of weakness).
    They twitch when I tapp, but my wife has that as well :)

Not doing myself any good right now, that's for sure.
    Keep reading old posts about calf twitching.
    Don't want to offend anybody.
    I'm not a bad guy, really :)
    I'm a primary school teacher teaching kids aged 11-12.
    Love my job and my family, but my hypochondria is getting the worst of me the last couple of weeks.

Will see my doctor tomorrow, just don't know if I should ask him for a neurologist or pshyciatric or both..

Can I wait for your reply and than leave?
    Don't want to leave here on a bad note...

My job will shift my focus tomorrow, 32 kids in my class will make sure of that :)
    Hi Kim-hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. My daughter & son-in-law came in from FL. I'm doing ok but have been sliding downhill lately. All of a sudden I went from a perfectly fine voice to having a lot of trouble talking just in the past 2 weeks. Have been using a Boogie Board for "talking" when I can. Breathing a little worse, but am still walking - poorly, but still walking !! Thanks for asking about me - appreciate it.
    I go see a surgeon in wednesday for a consult. I spent yesterday afternoon in the er with a gallbladder attack. Happy thanksgiving to you too Kim.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back