Barbie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• what you said .... "Accepting ALS is like hitting a moving target!" ... is the BEST description I have read and also describes my mind and heart -- all over the place.

I love reading your posts, Barbie. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself....

Nancy
    Hi Barbie, Yes I do occasionally make it over that way! Used to a whole lot more but now that we have the wheelchairs life should get easier for everyone. Next time I am headed your way, I will let you know and we can try to work out a day and time. Steph
    I was just thinking about you.....good days, bad days but the good days are more now than before. Lonely at times and missing Joe. Trying to stay busy and trying to figure what to do with my new life.

How are you holding up? So much emotionally. I think of you and your pals and what you have yet to face. So heartbreaking..........I will always be here for you my sweet, dear friend.

Debbie
    Hi Barbie,
    I was curious. I thought I read where your hubby was occasionally using weed for his ALS? Is he still doing this and did you notice any real benefits too it? They are wanting to open up a place in our town to grow it for medical reasons. They are trying to get it zoned right now.
    Hi Barbie,
    Glad things are improving for you a little. You are still in my prayers. Pray for me too. Our daughter insisted on taking Chemistry this year. It's a nightmare already. lol We are planning on going to see my dad for a real quick weekend in October. Kids have a four -day weekend off from school. Take care, Kim
    Glad you took hubby in to see the Dr. and he is being treated. I was very concerned. Glad it wasn't pneumonia yet. Try to get some rest yourself while your there if possible. Praying for a quick recovery. Hugs, Kim
    Hi Barbie,
    Read your post about losing your CNA. I am so sorry to hear that. You are wonderful to your husband so don't ever and ever put yourself down on that. You are doing great running the family business and carrying for him when your not. You need to take care of yourself too. Hugs, Kim
    Hi Barbie;
    Yes it has been difficult with all the recent deaths, also I am crazy busy. Our neighbour came over to visit us with a small 2 year old dog she was dog sitting, and it was so sweet and sat in Tim's lap. Because I have soooo little responsibility I decided we could handle a puppy. I have really been missing my Golden that passed 1 ½ years ago, but knew that we could not handle a big dog and the walks it would need. We ended up getting a Havanese and he is so sweet, and smart. He is all black with a white chest, and two white hind feet. Have been having fun housetraining him and he is my shadow. He does sit on Tim's lap but likes to be able to see me. I have been pretty run down lately, and have had my sister or a friend sit with Tim while I run errands, but they are not comfortable spending too much time with him. My son would do it but has been working 2 jobs at 60 hours a week or more, so am reluctant to ask him.
    Paulette
    Hi Barbie,
    Just dropped by to say Hi! Saw where you are going to be empty nesters. My daughter brought up the fact the other day that she and her twin brother will be 18 in about a year and a half. I got a little teary-eyed even though somedays the drive me crazy and I'd like to throw them out on their ass. We got a little while though left with our youngest since he will only be 11 in November. Wish I could freeze time. He's growing up way too fast too. He still tells me he loves me several times a day. I'm going to miss that when he goes through the stage that he won't. Take care my friend, Kim
    Hey Barbie how are you doing? You looked happy in the pictures with your son. We have been busy here with the yard and garden, a labour of love. Tim and I are coming up to our 3rd anniversary, but not sure how we are going to celebrate it. It is not nearly long enough, and it seems like just last week that we were hiking in the mountains, or riding our bikes. My step-son has been great since we had a pow-wow and really does want to do what is right. He has been a different kid since he stopped gaming on the computer. I only grounded him for 2 days but that was over yesterday, and he hasn't gone on yet. He is starting to ride the mountain bike that I have here for him, so I am giving a lot of praise. Hope that you guys are enjoying the new pwc, and are able to get around more.

Paulette
    Yes, it is extremely annoying, just one more thing to add to the list. Going to pick up Tim's youngest at the airport today, should be interesting as he is 15 and been in a funk lately. He is allowed to spend the entire day gaming on the computer at home but we limit it to 2 hours a day here. I think I will be spending a lot of time in the garden that way I can stay out of his way. Chat with you later.
    I know - this is my lifeline - I am so glad you had a great time away. You deserved it. I can't wait for this site to be fixed!!!!! Love ya girl. You and Tillie are my heroes.
    Welcome back! Glad you had a wonderful time! What a treat! Yahoo! I'm thrilled for you!!!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back